Sunday, November 15, 2015

Week 8/9... Off to KOREA!!

So finally I get to head out to Korea! I am so happy that I am able to be out of the MTC very soon, actually in exactly 3 days, but I am very sad to be leaving my friends and the great people that I have been able to meet at the MTC!  The MTC is such an amazing experience, and I absolutely love being able to learn about the gospel and to come closer to my Savior Jesus Christ!!  So in the モルモン書 Or 몰몬경 or in English, the Book of Mormon is a very true book.  One verse that I want to share is from Moroni 7:41.  It states, "And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise".  Come unto Christ!  Live his word and keep his commandments!  I really want to challenge all to pick up a Book of Mormon.  Don't read it like just to read it.  Have a real intent!  When you don't bash on it, and rather read it with real intent, God will show unto you His amazing restored gospel.
Ok, anyway, that was just a short little thing I wanted to share with all :)
Ok, so, this week has been so fun!!  The focus levels have dipped a little bit because of it being the last week at the MTC, and all we want to do is to go to Korean, but ... that hasn't happened yet!  I'm so excited to be able to head out already!!  I can't believe my nine weeks are up here, and that it has gone by in a blink of an eye!  I know a lot of Korean now too; so I'm pretty happy.  :)

So this week's update is a pretty cool/sad/spiritual update.  So P-day ended last Thursday.  I'm ready to learn, but for some reason, all the elders have like a P-day hangover.  Actually that's an everyday thing, but P-days are more than usual.

Friday was TRC day, and we work hard and plan lessons and learn Korean and then we get to skype actual native Koreans and it is so fun to do Skype TRC!!  I love being able to talk with others and to be able to get to know them from all parts of the World!  This language is such an amazing language too!!  I love being blessed to be able to speak this and I always keep up on my other languages! 

Saturday we had the most spiritual experience ever at the MTC!!  The district always stresses about not being able to speak Korean, not being prepared, feeling insecure and afraid.  Our teacher, Sister Washburn planned something that no one else at the MTC had ever done.  She had one of her teachers bring in English Second Language Students to come and testify to us.  It was a very spiritual experience.  They were from Thailand, Belgium, West Africa, and all bore their testimonies about the Church of Jesus Christ, and their conversion stories and why they know this gospel is true.  Many of them are the only ones in their family that are of the Church of Jesus Christ, and many of them don't have family support.  Yet they come out, they chose to serve a mission because God and the Savior asked them to, so they follow after their words.  Their testimonies were so strong!!  I felt the spirit, and was holding back tears and then Sister Washburn asked if we wanted to share anything and I just bore my testimony, and expressed my gratitude and just straight up started balling.  :)  I am so grateful to have a loving family, and to have been able to grow up in the gospel!!  Anyway, they were fantastic, and I will send pictures of them later.

Sunday was very nice!  Sunday is always a very relaxing day of rest.  1 day of rest is absolutely fantastic and definitely keeping the Sabbath Day holy is amazing.  You receive so many blessings based on keeping the Lord's Commandments!!  I absolutely love Sunday's!  So on Sunday everyone was like Elder Wilson is going to give the talk next week because he has the best Korean so he won't be giving a talk this week.  I was like ohh okay.  The zone is like I'm giving it this week haha!  Before our meetings we don't know who is going to have to talk and you give all your talks in Korean!  It is pretty funny because people stress about it a lot.  I was talking to the Koreans and said that I just prepare two bullet points, two scriptures and let the Spirit guide.  They were like us too!!  HAHA :)   I thought it was absolutely fantastic and I love being able to have such fun people!  
We also went to the temple, and that is always a blast!  We took pictures and I love my Zone!!

Monday was a very nice day, and we are making very good progress with our two "investigators" (teachers who pose as investigators).  I think we are going to ask one of them to be baptized either today or tomorrow.  I feel that when you teach, you retain 70~80% of the language you use and that is the best way to remember vocab and language.  Many are hesitant to teach, but I love teaching because not only does it allow me to learn the language, but also it gives such an amazing spiritual experience!  I love feeling the spirit, and you feel it all the time as a missionary, but it is fantastic because it just multiplies so much when teaching!  I love being able to teach about the gospel!!

Tuesday was so amazing!! Tuesday it finally hit us that “WOW”--- At this time next week we will be out in the real world teaching many in Korean in Korea!!  I'm so excited!!  Class was fantastic and I've been learning so many different things from the Natives that are heading to Busan with us!  I talk to them every night, and I can feel my Korean getting so much better.  I absolutely love being able to talk Korean with all of them!!  Also on Tuesday, we got snow.  We have been getting snow a lot, but not to the point where it sticks!  It is so cool looking at the mountains and how much snow they get too!  It is such a beautiful sight!! Also Tuesday night was devotional night, and Elder Hugo Montoya spoke to us!  It was a beautiful talk and there was one thing that came to mind when he was talking, and he was giving a talk about our purpose of inviting others unto Christ. 
The thought that came to mind was a quote from one of my favorite movies "Miracle", when the USA hockey team goes on to beat Russia and win Gold at the Olympics while overcoming all the naysayers and many different obstacles.  A key moment in that story is when the U.S goes to Norway and ties with their National B team.  After a full on game and Herb Brookes hearing many things on the bench, he has the players do conditioning training.  He says to the players something like, "The name on the front of your jersey is a heck of a lot more important than the name on the back! Get that through your head!"  All I could do is think about the name that I have on the front:  예수 그리스도 후기 교회 (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints).  I wear this name tag.  I am a representative of Christ in all I do and all I say.  I try my best to be like Christ.  I want to be the best example I can be.  I am not Joshua Wilson.  I am Christ's Disciple.  The name on the back can be different.  You can be a Wilson, Anderson, Fox, Hanes, Lunt, but one thing stays the same on the name tag, and that is the Name, Jesus Christ.

Yesterday was such a great experience!  We got such an amazing lesson from Sister Choi, and she is so spiritual!  She is such an example too because she grew up in Australia, didn't speak a lick of Korean, got called to Korea and self taught herself.  She didn't get books or study material.  She just picked it up based on people saying it!  She is so good at Korean!  But anyway, it was interesting because the lesson she gave us yesterday was on 3 Nephi 11:3~41. This chapter is beautiful and is talking about God talking to his people in the Americas after Christ's death and how Christ came down to them!  If you have a time to read it, please do!!  I absolutely love this, especially in verse 41 which states, "Therefore, go forth unto this people, and declare the words which I have spoken, unto the ends of the earth."  This is what is great!  Sister Choi actually asked us why we like missionary work.  My answer was I like missionary work because I get to see the joy that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings families.  Eternal truths such as families can be together forever, God has a plan for us, I know where I'm from, what I'm doing now and where I am going, and many other things bless others.  The purpose of life is to gain knowledge and to come unto Christ and be like him.  I absolutely love my Savior!

Every week my testimony of his sacrifice, of his glory, of Christ's life grows immensely.  In the temple this morning, I had the privilege to read Luke 6, and some scriptures I wanted to share are verse 20~23. They state " And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets."  
I love this.  We will have joy.  We can have joy.  Just partake of the bread of life.   I love the scriptures and being able to be a servant of my Savior!!  I love you all!! 

Love,

Elder Wilson


Korean Flag & Captain Moroni with the title of Liberty flag



In front of Provo temple

w/ Elder Lunt & Elder Trask

with my group

with Elder Yoon & Elder Jang

with Elder Bramwell from our family ward in Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment