Wednesday, May 18, 2016

So week... 35 because of the skip of Mothers day?

HELLO!!! This week has been a blast in so many great ---Unusual --- “One of a Kind” type of days... And I am soo happy to be here in Miryang as usual!!  Miryang is lovely, and there is going to be a huge festival this week, which I am super excited about!  Missionary work is amazing and I love each and everyone that I am able to meet everyday, and it really is wonderful to be out here in Korea!

So, this week I would like to share a scripture for 3 Nephi 18:16.  It reads "And as I have prayed among you even so shall ye pray in my church, among my people who do repent and are baptized in my name. Behold I am the light; I have set an example for you".  In this chapter, Christ is not only re-establishing his church, but is also saying the phrase "Come Follow Me".  "Come, Follow me" is such a simple phrase, and as we really do seek to follow Christ, we can obtain everlasting happiness, but only through him and the way that has been shown unto us.  The work is never done, but as we change for the better and follow him, we are able to become more as he is, to find this perfect happiness and feel the love our Heavenly Father has for us always. 

So, on to the week --- This week as I said has been a very interesting, and fun week for sure!!  So last Monday, because it was Mother's day in the United States, we were able to Skype our families and it was beyond wonderful!  I love my family so much and am always so happy to be able to talk to them!  It was super cute seeing my new nephew and to see my Niece Ellie!!  But not only that, to be able to see my Mom and Dad and my brothers and sister was absolutely amazing!!  O really love them a bunch!!  Then after which we emailed for a little bit and then went out on a bike ride with the sister missionaries.  Then after we went and got ice cream with them and then we went shopping and then cut out hair!  It was amazing.  Then after which we had our Family Home Evening where --- A miracle happened:  A man called us and asked for an Elder Wilson.  So I responded and he said that he found my long lost Camera!!  I was sooo happy!!  So we planned to go get it from him on Tuesday!! And that was Monday!

 On Tuesday, we studied in the morning and then we ate lunch and after we ate lunch and went outside.  When outside, we were walking, and an old man said “Hello!!  I love you” to me.  So, we sat down with him and told him we were missionaries.  Then this old man took my nametag and put it in his pocket!!  My companion and I had to catch a bus, so he just kind of took it..  Fortunately I had an extra one.... Then, we went over to the University campus where this man was and we talked to some people and planned a little bit, and got my Camera back!  Also, on Tuesday, it was raining and was freezing cold, but that was alright.  So what happened was that we went outside and went to knock on doors and that went super well.  Then after which we went and talked to YOU IR!!  He is doing well, and by that time it had stopped raining!!  So we went back and went and knocked on more doors because there was literally no one outside.  Then we came to the church and had our Area meeting!  After area meeting, we were going to have English class, but no one showed up so we went outside and talked to more people and that was our day!

Then on Wednesday, my companion was supposed to have military training for the Entire day so we went down to Pusan and we get there and he isn't supposed to even be there... So we go back and then ate lunch and after lunch we went outside.  We went outside and were knocking on more doors because there were no people, and one building had an elevator so we took the elevator to the top floor and there was a door wide open and a older lady told us to come in.  So, we went in and talked to her and her family for a little bit and they fed us a feast, basically right after we had eaten an entire meal... So we ate all they provided because if we didn't, they said they would bring out more food for some reason... So we were stuffed.   Then we went back outside and talked to some people.   When we were walking, some guy stopped us and said preach to him, so we started to just talk to him and it turned out that he had met the missionaries before.. Super insane... And he has actually sent us pictures to our phone and it was a very funny story. Then we kept talking to people and then had another meal with a member and we weren't hungry, but we ate all of what was provided because if you don't, it is rude.  So it was great!  And I loved it and all of it was amazing!! 

On Thursday we got up early and went to our Zone training meeting where I got to see a bunch of people and we were able to do so many great things!  Then after which we went on exchanges and me and my companion for a day, were able to go outside and share the gospel to so many people and got to go see our North Korean Grandpa who is awesome.  We were super busy the entire day and it was fantastic!~

Then on Friday, we studied in the morning and then went and de-exchanged.  Then after which we went and tried to contact the old man who stole my nametag so that we could talk with him, but he wasn't in town, so we went home and talked to some people outside until we went out to eat with our great member who owns the Horse stable.  Then we served with him and returned home.  At home, we got changed and were going to plan, but then went outside and were talking to a bunch of people.  Then a member saw us and took us out to buffet!!  We were stuffed from our late lunch, but we ate so much and.. I see why I am gaining weight here...

Then on Saturday, we went down to Changwon for a sports day with all the members in our stake and met an investigator down there.  So we did a whole bunch of things and it was super fun.  Then we returned home and did our English class and then we cleaned up the church. All our appointments that day canceled on us, but with that we went outside and talked to a bunch of people --- we found an amazing kind and we will probably be meeting soon!

Finally on Sunday, we had church and church was amazing.  We had lunch and then we had our ward council.  After ward council, we went outside and were talking to some people, when the sisters called us and said that someone that I knew had come to the church to meet with us. So a guy that I met 2 months back came to church, and we were talking to him and he started preaching to us about things ..  We actually had no idea what he was talking about.. I thought my Korean at that point was insufficient, but then my companion looks at me and said, “I'm Korean and I didn't understand anything that was said.”  After that, we just went outside and talked to a whole bunch of people and knocked on doors and that was really my week.

Missionary work is amazing and I am so happy to be able to be here doing this marvelous work, and I love you all!  I miss you guys so much and thanks for everything and have a great week!! :)

Love Always,

Elder Wilson

Got the Camera Back!!!

My Korean Companion 
When I first got the camera back---

Companionship Goal... JK



No comments:

Post a Comment