Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 42: The rain came down...

So first off... HELLO!!! I'm doing amazing over here in Korea, and I love being here in Gyeongsan!! It is absolutely lovely over here, and there are so many great people here!! I also love the fact that I am able to serve the Lord everyday from the instant I wake up, to the very moment that I fall asleep! It is wonderful being a missionary and being able to share this gospel with everyone around me. The thing, which is so much more marvelous though, is that fact that we are able to meet with people and share the gospel, AND for them to accept it because they too know that their Heavenly Father loves them and they want to follow Jesus Christs example as well.

Because it is the 4th of July, I want to share something that is a part of America’s history and about my ancestors, but in particular, I want to focus on the word, "Pioneer.”   In an article written by our living prophet, President Thomas S. Monson it reads, “To be a Latter-day Saint is to be a pioneer, for the definition of a pioneer is “one who goes before to prepare or open up the way for others to follow.” And to be a pioneer is to become acquainted with sacrifice. Although members of the Church are no longer asked to leave their homes to make the journey to Zion, they often must leave behind old habits, longtime customs, and cherished friends. Some make the agonizing decision to leave behind family members who oppose their Church membership. Latter-day Saints move forward, however, praying that precious ones will yet understand and accept." 

As we journey through our lives, we open a way for others to follow us and that is exactly what Jesus Christ did. He showed us the way and will lead and guide us. He loves us and as it says, although we don't need to walk many miles like my ancestors did to find religious freedom, we create our own sanctuary and create a place where the Holy Ghost may reside so that we may always feel our Savior's love. So as we try to be pioneers and establish a way through our example, we will come to know our Savior as little bit more than we did before.

So on to my week!! ---This week was full of marvelous things!!  So on Monday, we had a zone P-day where we all met up and had breakfast and played ping pong and games and it was very fun! Then my companion and I came back to our area, emailed, shopped and then we had our family home evening! At family home evening we ate something called Ddokbokki and played games and watched a church movie and it was a great time.  Everyone said they all had fun!


Then on Tuesday, we studied in the morning, and then went to go exchange with some Elders from a place called Sangin (상인).  We switched companions, and I came back to Gyeongsan and had a good day talking with people on the street because no one was able to meet during the day.  So, my companion and I walked for 9 hours straight.  It was a very sunny and gorgeous day to walk around and talk to other people.


On Wednesday, we went over to Sangin and had our district meeting, and came back and met our investigator김성길.  He is a very cute grandpa and very fun. I love visiting him and he really seems to like us and like learning about the gospel! 

Before we started English class, we ate dinner with the sisters and met with a member who wanted to study the Book of Mormon together.   English Class is always fantastic and I really do love being able to teach all the people who come and attend!

Then on Thursday, we studied in the morning andwent to our service project.  During the service project, I scrubbed dishes without knowing my gloves had holes in them.  Because I was scrubbing in super hot water, and it felt a little hotter than usual, but I didn't mind.   When we got done and looked at my hand, I realized that the gloves had a whole bunch of holes in them!  After the service project, we went to a place called수성 (SuSeong) and got to do an activity where you go with other companions and teach the gospel. So we did that and that was great!  Then we came back to our area and talked to people…. and we ended our day!


On Friday, we planned. It has started the rainy season. Actually in Korea they have a vocabulary word just for this time of year -- it reads"장마" which literally means rainy season (Jangma).  So, our investigators cancelled our appointments.   So, we went outside and talked to people, and that was good.   Then, we started my Japanese Class. It went super well and we had a super great turn out even with the rain coming!!


On Saturday, I got to go with other missionaries to their area because my companion had to go to a military training.  I went and ate with them, and talked to people on the street, and attended a wedding reception.   After that, I got my companion back, and we returned to our area and went to a member’s house to eat dinner. Then we came back and set up the church and then for the very last few moments of the day, we went outside and talked to other people. And it rained...


On Sunday, we went to church and it looked fine until.... It started raining after church and.... then started raining even harder, and harder when we were outside...  So, we got drenched, but we went and knocked on people's doors.  Then we went back outside and talked to people on streets.  We got to meet some good people that we will be meeting this week!


It is great being here, and no matter if we get soaked, we are outside trying to talk to people and it is great to be a missionary! I love you all and miss you! :)


Love Always,


Elder Wilson

Exchange Part 1

Exchange Part 2




No comments:

Post a Comment