Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 46

Wow... Time really goes faster and faster as you go along... It is so weird to think that I've been on a mission this long and it really does feel like it has gone by in a flash. Life goes by in a flash too. So, make the most of it! This week has been a wild ride of trying to get everything done, meeting with people and talking to everyone. Along side of that, balancing time has really been key this week, and how we can use our time more effectively has been something that I have really learned this week. Spending time effectively is a huge trait and it is amazing when we really do use time well!!

So this week I wanted to share a message about baptism!! Baptism is a truly great thing. Jesus Christ who was perfect was also baptized. He showed us the way to be able to return to our Heavenly Father again and to become perfect like him. It is very simple, and the way that he set is the way we can do all things. I know that my Redeemer lives and that as we draw nearer to Jesus Christ and to our Heavenly Father, we will feel their love and know that when we know that the church is true, that we are baptized by someone holding the proper priesthood authority of God.

So this week was a great week.  Although today I don't have a lot of time, I will try to describe it as best as I can! So this Monday, I woke up and sent Elder Lee to Busan as I met with my new companion Elder Kim. Elder Kim and I went to the house, came to the church, emailed, went outside and shopped and then came back to the church for family home evening.

On Tuesday, we went outside to talk to people. It was blazing hot, but we were able to meet with some less actives and able to talk to other people on the street! Then for dinner, some members took us out to eat and we had a good time talking with them and strengthening their faith!

On Wednesday, we went outside and we were able to teach some people for a little bit, and then had an appointment to meet a kid who wanted to learn basketball. So we played basketball in the 37°C (98.6°F) weather -- it felt amazing, or more as if I was melting. Then we came back to the house, showered, went outside to talk to people, and had English Class. After English class, we were able to meet with a
person looking into our church and he was super happy to meet with us!

On Thursday, we woke up early and went down to Busan for a meeting for District Leaders.  I attended that and there were so many great people there including Elder Lunt, he was at the MTC with me and came to Korea with me!! Then we came back, went outside and talked to people and that was our day!

On Friday, we had a district meeting, had lunch and then
afterwards, I went on Exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I was still in Gyeongsan and it was hot, but super good! Then we had our Japanese class, and that was great.  Then we went home, and talked to the elder who I have known since first coming to Korea.

Saturday was super fun! So we studied, ate lunch with a member and then we had English class.  After English, we were able to teach an investigator. Then we had a meeting with a member, and were able to meet with another investigator, who said he will be baptized and he really wants to receive it!!

Then on Sunday, we had church.  After church, we taught a lesson, went home for a bit, then came back to the church
because we had to make some phone calls.  Then, we went to the Stake President's house for dinner and we really did have a
tremendous time!

I love it here so much and I wish I could share it all with you!

Love you guys!!

Love Always,

Elder Joshua Wilson






With Elder Lunt

Exchange


No comments:

Post a Comment