Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 57: Transfer week gone... I'm still in Haeundai!

Hello!!  It is wonderful to still be serving in Haeundai and to be able to keep serving the great members and people here as well!!  My companion, Elder Newell, has finished his 2 year mission and is now going back to Olympia, Washington!! So that means... I got a new companion!! My new companion is a Korean and his name is Elder 송지수(Song Jisu).  He is a wonderful missionary and I'm very excited to serve with him and it will be a real adventure for sure!! 
This last week has also been pretty warm, come to think about it! It got cooler, so we are wearing suits now, but... when it warms up... well, we still can't take our suits off, so it was a... yep!!  But, still an amazing week!!

Today, I was thinking about how great life is!!  How great being a missionary is!  How great it is that I am here and I have a loving family and, just how thankful I am.  But then I think to myself, did I really do enough to show my thanks?  I have been thinking about that a lot recently as well.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said, "We are surrounded by such an astonishing wealth of light and truth that I wonder if we truly appreciate what we have."  We really have been so blessed with so much and so much love and happiness and joy..  But sometimes as time passes, the things that once seems extraordinary, starts looking ordinary for some reason. This gospel is an amazing gift that we have.  Christ's atoning sacrifice is something that cannot be described in words and is certainly not ordinary..  Let us not take for granted what
we have, but rather, let us give thanks for what we have... For all the things we have and all the people we meet! I love this gospel and I know Jesus Christ atoned for each and everything one of us, and oh.... how wonderful it is.

So this week was amazing!! This last week on Monday, we were planning on taking a boat onto an island, but because of the typhoon... the little shack that was giving boat rides went somewhere, so we climbed on rocks and took pictures and had a great time with other missionaries!  Then we ate together and then played some sports and then came back to Haeundai to write emails.  After emailing and shopping, we went outside and talked to people!

On Tuesday, we went outside and visited out friend, Brother
Bae in the hospital!  He is truly wonderful and he was sooo happy to see us!!  We were also very happy to see him!

Then we went outside and were able to talk to a whole lot of great people, and were able to go visit a couple of less actives members.  We then talked to some more people and that was our day!!!

On Wednesday, we went and talked to people outside, had a
meeting with the sisters and then we had English class!! Also, since Elder Neweel hadn't had the opportunity to eat moving octopus in his life, so... WE ate it too!!

Thursday was wonderful!!  We had a meeting for all the members in our zone and that was spectacular!!  Also, we came back to Haeundai and cleaned our house because we were approaching the new transfer and then went outside and had a chance to talk to more people!

On Friday, Elder Newell had his last interview with President Barrow.  So, we went to talk with him and went to the interview!  Then we came back to our house, planned for the upcoming and went outside.  We were able to talk to a few more people again!!

On Saturday, we played soccer with some investigators,
and then we came back to our house, changed into our missionary clothes, went outside and taught others, and then got to meet with a few investigators.  Then we went back outside and talked to people and that was our day!

On Sunday, Elder Newell gave his final talk and I gave a talk too!  Then after church, we were able to talk with the members and then we went outside and went to see Brother Bae again!!  After which, we came back to the church, where I needed to make travel plans for all the people in the zone that were moving and then we went to a members house and had dinner!!  That was our week!!

I love it here in Busan and I really can call this place "wonderful"!  Busan really is amazing and I love being able to serve here and help serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength!

I love you guys and miss you a bunch!

Love Always,

Elder Joshua Wilson



With My Old Companion, Elder Newell

With My New Companion, Elder Song Jisu

With Elder Dobbins

No comments:

Post a Comment