Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 79: Going to the Japanese Consulate and more!!

This week I don't have a ton of time to email, but I want to say that this week was definitely a blast!  We had a fun time being able to talk to people and we were able to meet with others and to help them come closer unto
Christ. Also we were able to find some new people to teach and were able to meet with some old investigators. It feels splendid to find people that want to learn about the gospel and are willing to change in order to be more happy.

On my way over to the church today, I was talking to the taxi driver about religion and his thoughts on religion. He asked me what I am doing in Korea and I said I was a missionary.  So the question that he asked me was, "alright, so is there a God? And if there is a God, why hasn't he shown himself on TV or something? Then everyone would believe in him". I'm glad to say that we had a really good discussion in the car about seeing versus believing. When we see it becomes knowledge and even with seeing, as we know about 2000 years ago, people also saw the Son of God and could not recognize him as the Savior. But something that I have come to known as I have grown up and the thing that I love about this gospel is that, seeing isn't believing. We don't need to see to know. In order to know, you need to experience and put in the work to know and then will God give you an answer. This Gospel is true and it blesses every single one of us as people and although many people may not feel the effects of it right now, I can promise that they are being directly effected by it no matter what.

So this last week on Monday, I emailed a little bit in the morning and then I went down to the Japanese Consulate to get my Japanese Passport renewed. It was great to be able to speak Japanese!! It was super refreshing and everything went smoothly.  Then we went down to a place called Nampo to go shopping and eat food.  So we went to an all-you-can-eat Sushi Buffet, and then the Japanese Consulate called me and said that I forgot to give them my new passport photo. So I had to go back and then gave it to them and then went shopping and then came to the church to email.  After emailing, we went outside and had the opportunity to talk about the gospel with other people!

On Tuesday, we went on exchanges in the morning with the Elders in our house, so I went with Elder Kim.   We studied in the morning, went outside to talk to people, came back to our house and studied some more. Then we went to the church and did some office work.  Then, for the rest of the day, we went outside and proselyted and had dinner with the missionaries in our area.

On Wednesday, we really didn't have any plans.  We unexchanged, studied in the morning, went outside and talked to some people, and then came to the church and did some more work and then had dinner.  Then for the rest of the day, we went outside and were able to meet some great people and talk to them about the gospel and the change that it can bring to their lives.

On Thursday, we were really busy because I had to go back to the consulate to pick up my passport, so we did that.  Then we came back to Geumjeong, studied a little bit and then went to Busan University to sticker board with the other missionaries. After that, we ate dinner and then we had English class. Brother Jeong Minhwa came to English class and we were able to talk afterward and it was a good meeting.

Friday was kind of long too. We got up in the morning and then had to go meet some people that were coming down from Seoul and so we met with them and then came home and it was kind of late, so we ate food and then planned a little bit and then studied and then went outside and finished our day.

On Saturday, we had an out-district meeting and then we met with an investigator who we found this week. Then we studied because our appointment got cancelled, and set up for English class and had the class.  After the class, we taught another lesson and then ate food and then cleaned the church.

Sunday, sister Clove that serve in Geumjeong last transfer came back with her entire family so they were at church and we were able to talk and to eat together.  After church there was a baptismal service for one of the members' daughters and then I met with another investigator and then we went home and had dinner and then we did weekly planning for this week.

This last week was great and we are finding great people to meet all the time!!

Love Always,


Elder Joshua Wilson








No comments:

Post a Comment