Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Week 21: Transferred?!

As the title of my email states, I got transferred. It is a little bit of a change and it feels kind of weird in all honesty.  New companion, new area, new everything, and everything gets super busy.  You miss your loved ones in the last area, and you certainly miss your companion.  
It is very wonderful, but at the same time... New...   Well, new is good.  
So, I got transferred from a place called 영도 (Yeoungdo) to 밀양 (Miryang).

So, before I get into what I did this week, the message I wanted to share today was about “Surprise.” Life throws many surprises at an individual, whether they are good or bad, a surprise is a surprise. In 1 John 14:10 it states, "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation".  How wonderful that I can know my Savior and know that my God loves me and knows me personally.  Most of all, when life throws you a curve ball, you just sit back, relax and hit it out of the park right?  And when I have the perfect coach, I can spread his gospel and help all people out! God loves us and he knows me personally!

That is my message for the week. So onto what happened this week... So last Monday, Elder Tuinei and I went and we ate live octopus with some other Elders, and we just went around and ate at a few places.  After that we went and played board games with people in our district and that was super great! After which we finished our P-day and we got to go meet with one of our members and give him and his family brownies!  It was very fun and I hope they ate the brownies! I love Yeoungdo so much!!

On Tuesday, we had our regular morning of studying and then eating lunch.  After eating lunch we went up to our service activity and got to teach our friends English!!  It was super fun but we told them that one of us would not be coming back the next time, and they were kind of sad.  In all honesty, at this time I thought it was going to be Elder Tuinei.  Most people thought it was going to be him, although in the very back corner of my mind I thought I was going to be transferred!  After that, we went outside and just tried to visit less active people in the gospel and to go out and talk to many people.  It was really good, and we were able to meet many people and talk to them about the gospel on the street.  Typically, we talk to a lot of people on the street about the gospel, and that is what we did a lot today.

Wednesday was our weekly district meeting, and it was super fun and super good.  It was very spiritual and then we got to go eat 돼지국밥 (Dwejigukbab) and it was fantastic!  I love my district so much, and they were so great!! Then after that we talked to people outside and that was amazing!  I really enjoyed talking to people outside, no matter what circumstance!!

On Thursday, we got to go up to Sister Choi SongJa's shop and clean it.  She thought Elder Tuinei was going to leave too, and her predictions are typically correct.   We went up to her shop and talked to her and taught a lesson, and then after that, we went to one of our member's restaurant and ate 떡복이(Ddeokpoki)!  It was super good and we got to talk to her and help her out a bit too. We ate some habanero spiced things and it was so good!  Then after that went to go pay a bill.  Then, we went home.   Every time we receive transfer calls, we deep clean our house.  So, we cleaned for 2 hours and then after that we went outside for a bit to talk to others and then we went to the Church so that I could go teach Japanese Class!  One person showed up but fortunately it was our investigator, so we met with him and taught Japanese and English, and he was wondering a lot about the gospel and we got to teach him.  Then we went home and we waited for the call: we waited patiently...  So, at about 9:45p.m.,  we got the call and I answered.  The Korean assistant to our mission president started talking to me, and just normally had a conversation.  He said, “you have been called as District Leader...”   And then, I was like what?!?  And Elder Tuinei was like, “you know who you were talking to right??” And He was like “was that Elder Tuinei?”   And, Elder Tuinei was like “No,  this IS Elder Tuinei!”  It was super funny haha.
So anyways, Elder Tuinei is staying in Yeongdo, and I got called to a place called 밀양! (Miryang).   I was surprised but change happens.  I was super shocked...

So Friday morning, I packed all my stuff and then we went to the post office to send my things.  After that, we ate lunch and then went and visted members and planned for a little bit and visited Choisongja.  That was super good for sure!  It was super interesting because I developed such a love for them that while I was talking to her and her daughter that I was on the verge of tears and I was super sad and it was hard.  It was super hard.  But then we were able to go outside and visit and it was amazing!  It was super funny because we had to get into this one less active's apartment complex and there is typically a door and we rung his door bell but he didn't answer, so we watched someone go in and snuck in and then gave him his gift that we prepared for him.

Then on Saturday, the house was super empty but we studied, and had a great time and then went and ate with one of our recent converts and that was great!  And then we cancelled English class because it is like lunar new years here and that is huge.  So anyways, then we planned more and it was super great and a lot of things of greatness were exchanged.  Then after that we went out to eat with a family that attends our English class and that was great for sure!  Then went outside and talked to more people!

On Sunday, we had church and church was great!  I got to play the piano and everything was going as usual and not many people came to church because of the holiday season, but some people came and then because I was leaving the branch president had me give my farewell talk, and I got up there and everything was going great, but then I felt a huge warmth in my heart and then... I just started balling.  I love them so much and I just told them I loved them!  Church was great and then after that we made visits to members and I dropped off cake that I had made on Saturday night and it was super great! Then we went and ate with Branch President's family, and taught them and then to end my stay in Yeongdo, we went to sister Choi Songja's house for a little bit and I got to talk and say goodbye.  It was fantastic and I couldn't have asked for a better day spent.

And today, woke up, cleaned and got ready and then went off the headquarters where I swapped companions and now I'm in 밀양!! (Miryang)!! It is fantastic!

I hope you have a great week and I love you guys so much!

Love always,

Elder Wilson

The last picture w/ Elder Tuinei before leaving to the new area


Miryang


New Companion, Elder Quiroz

No comments:

Post a Comment