Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week 20: Just Happy

This week has been such a blast for sure.  I absolutely love it here, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I found something out actually.  So 돼지국밥 (Dwegigukebab) is only found in Busan.  I didn't know that until this week. I have been learning a lot for sure, and this is such a great experience.  It is so weird how quickly you seem to mature in the mission field, and how insanely quick time flies.  I love it here for sure, and am so glad to be out here.

My message this week is based on a quote that I got to read on Tuesday.  It reads "Remember me; To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."   What a profound statement!  I was thinking about this quote, and is this really about me being remembered?? No, that is not the reason why I'm sharing this quote. But when I was thinking about this quote it reminded me of Christ.  Remember him, to the world he may be Jesus Christ, but to me, to you, he is the world.  I love my Savior so much and I am so happy to be serving him.  If I can help others remember him because he really is my world, he will be so happy to have found his sheep.  In Alma 26:11 Ammon states "I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God." I truly rejoice in my God and I'm so glad I can serve him.

This week has really been one of greatness for sure.  On Monday, we got to teach a lesson after P-day to our beloved friend 김동현!! (Kim Donghyeon)  He is a very scientific thinker and really doesn't know if there is a God or not, but he prayed and he really hopes to find him.  He is super great too and I love him so much.  He has a whole lot of real intent. And that was our appointment on Monday.  He is so great.  In Korea, it is mandatory to do military service for 2 years, but he is substituting military service with serving on a merchant ship for 3 years. He is super great!

Tuesday we got to go teach our friends at English class. Every time we play hangman they are so happy, and the best thing is that we do movie titles. So Elder Tuinei wrote the title "Home Alone" and they all went nuts. It was super funny, and Home Alone is apparently huge over here.  Then after that we got to go out and talk to people and we had an appointment to talk to a recent return missionary who's family is a not only part membered, but also the mom is less active, so we tried to talk to people and we went up to someone and asked if we could help and literally not even in Korean, he looked at us and gave us the “X” sign with his arms and said no. We thought it was funny. So anyway, we met with the recent return missionary, and then we went outside and talked to many people. It was a super good day for sure!

On Wednesday, we had zone conference, and zone training meeting and it was really good.  I learned a lot from the people who talked, and I am so glad that I was able to be so spiritually enlightened.  Then after zone training meeting, we talked to many people and gave them many Book of Mormon and then later in the day we had a meeting with our branch president and it was super good and then we went to dinner with him.

Thursday, it was a little rainy and we went up to Choi Songja's stand and got to talk to her and help clean up her shop.  Then after that we came home, and then we planned for a long time at the church for weekly planning.  After weekly planning, we did Japanese Class and I taught the class.  I was teaching Kanji (Chinese Characters), and I wrote out a word, and one of the older 50 year-old men looked at me and said, “that is not the right character...”
So I was like “no, I'm positive it is.”  Then I double checked in my book and it was correct.  And He again said, “no you and the book are wrong,” and then brought it up on his phone and it wasn't the same word.  Oh well.  It was really funny. Haha.  Then after Japanese class, we went home.

Friday was a very special day because on Friday we did exchanges with our district leader and his companion.  The leader is Korean and his companion came to Korea 6 weeks before me.  I got paired with the leader’s companion.  So not only that, but also I was going to his area.  So we went and had a great time and we taught lessons, and it was super good.  Being outside was great.  He was trying his best in the language, but it hasn't clicked for him yet, so I did a lot of the talking and we worked together and it was super great!

Then on Saturday we got to go to the church in his area, and were able to talk with their members and to be able to play ping pong.  Then we had to come back to my area and we taught English.  At English class, we had 8 people show up. Then I got paired with Elder Tuinei again, and we got to be with the youth.  Then after that, we went up to Choi Songja's for a little bit because she needed help and we got to go talk to other people around where she worked and it was great! Also Elder Tuinei exercised some faith and called less active members and the people who never pick up, picked up and it was great!! I was so happy!  And Our Boy, Tharindu picked up, and I was just sooo happy too!!

Then Sunday was very amazing. I was so happy about Church!  Everything was great and we got to talk to members and teach and it ran super smoothly.  Then we planned and followed up with people that we had met and finally we went outside trying to find one of our member's houses.  We couldn't find it after looking for 2 hours.. It got dark and here in Yeondgo, there are alot of back alley ways and we had to go through them and it is very interesting trying to navigate here.  Then finally we went to a large shopping location and talked to people and we met all sorts of people.  I got to talk to some Mexicans and share the gospel in Spanish (Thank you, Ms. Chamberlain for teaching me Spanish), and also got to teach people the gospel in Japanese!!  It was such a great day!!

I was so happy that this week turned out so great and there were so many miracles this week!! So happy!! I'm so glad I can be here!

I hope your week will go well and I hope you are all doing well!!

Love Always,

Elder Wilson


돼지국밥 (Dwegigukebab)





No comments:

Post a Comment