Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 39: Follow up training??? and transfered!?

So, this last week on Saturday, I got transfered to a place called
Gyeongsan (
경산).  It is super weird not being in Miryang, but this area seems like an amazing place, and I'm so glad that I’ve gotten the opportunity to serve here.  I also got a new companion and he is Korean.  His name is Elder이용지  (Lee Yonji), and in terms of being out on a mission, he has only been out for 3 months or so.  
Anyway, it is wonderful to be here --- it is very new, but I really do love it.  I’m kind of in a little daze actually because Gyeongsan is a little city and a little bit of countryside; it is very weird because I was serving in Miryang which was very much countryside.  I'm very glad to be serving here, and it is amazing to see how much the Lord blesses others and helps them come closer unto him!  This will be awesome!!  Also Gyeongsan is supposed to get super hot, and I am very excited for that!! It really is awesome to be here, and the more I come to learn the area, the more I will let you know!!

So this week I want to focus on a quote that was given by Elder D. Todd Christofferson, and it reads, "Perhaps the most essential of a father’s work is to turn the hearts of his children to their Heavenly Father".  As missionaries, we talk to all people about our Heavenly Father's purpose and why He wants all of us to come back to Him.  God in his own words states, "For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man". (Moses 1:39)
The way that this is done is by having creating the Plan of Salvation, and sending His son, Jesus Christ, to bear up our sins that we may be made whole and return to our Father in Heaven.  Heavenly Father wants to live with us for eternity and wants us, his children, to live with each other with our eternal families.  Because of Jesus Christ's atonement, I know that I can live with my family forever, and that I may be able to return to  live with my family together again as well.

So this week like all other weeks, seemingly, has been very fast and very fun and very busy.  So last Monday, we had a ward picnic even though it rained.  We cooked entire chickens and made soup -- it was amazing.  The food's name is Samgyetang (
삼계탕) and it is tastes amazing.  So while doing this picnic at the church, we ate and played ping pong.  We had a ping pong tournament, and my companion and I won this tournament -- it was amazing!!  Then we had to go shop.  We came back very very quickly to the church and sent emails.
Then at night, we had our Family Home Evening, and that was fantastic!!

On Tuesday, we went and had a meeting with the sisters, and then talked to more people.  After that we were supposed to go to meet You Il with a member of our church.  To meet him, we need ID card, but because my companion didn’t have it, we ended up riding our bikes all the way home.  As soon as he got the card, we went to meet our member.  Unfortunately he thought the appointment was on Wednesday, we just went all the way up to You il without the member --- still it was a fantastic visit!  Then afterwards we went and knocked on peoples’ doors and then we had English class and that was our day!!

On Wednesday, we cleaned our house very thoroughly and went outside and talked to a lot of people.  We really didn't have any other plans for that day, so that was all we really did. It was very fun and we got to talk to many people the entire day!!

On Thursday, at around lunch time, we got to meet with our American family and talked to them -- it was amazing and fun!! I love their kids.  So, I took pictures with them -- I will send them to you!!
Then after that we went and worked at the horse stables -- and that was super amazing!!  Then after all of this, we went outside and got to talk to multiple people!! I am so thankful that I get to go out and let other people know about the great joy that can be brought through the gospel of Christ!!

On Friday, we got to go to zone meeting.  At zone meeting, I was able to bear my testimony about families and that was great!  Then after the meeting finished, we had a special meeting for leader, and I attended that with Elder Kim.  Then we switched companion, and I went with my first trainer... Elder Tuinei!!  So we got to serve together for a day, and that was AWESOME!!  We went and ate lunch; got to come back to Miryang and talk to so many people -- we had so much fun!  Then we were able to have dinner with one of our investigators -- it was just a great day!!  Then we got to talk a bunch and that was my Friday!!

Then Saturday…   We got to study together, and went to a meeting with all the young men and young women.  We got to play footsal, and that was very fun!!  After that, we had to go to the bus terminal, get on a bus, left to Masan, get changed, go to their English class, switch companion and came
back.  Then Elder Kim and I came back to Miryang, and got to meet with some people.  Then we ate dinner together and that was our day...
On the way back home, my companion got a call from President Barrow saying that he will stay in Miryang while I got a call saying that I will be going to another area, and follow-up training in Gyeongsan --- so, that meant one thing... Start packing!!!

Then on Sunday, we had church, and after church, we got to meet with some more investigators, went and ate with others, and got to go visit members, and that was fantastic!! I love Miryang so much and I miss the area and people there, but I love being here in Gyeongsan now too!!

Thank you for all you do and I love you all so much! :)

Love Always,

Elder Wilson

Awesome Reunion with Elder Tuinei

Great Time with the family from Dallas, Texas


with Members of Miryang Branch

 
with Elder Kim

with Miryang Branch Members

Elder Wilson's Farewell Party

No comments:

Post a Comment