Thursday, June 23, 2016

Week 40: Hitting the streets

My first official week in Gyeongsan has been absolutely amazing, and I love my companion!!  Gyeongsan is in the Dae gu Province, and it is actually pretty hot over here though it has absolutely no humidity... It is an amazing city and I love being here and I love being able to talk to so many people and, most of all, being able to share the restored
gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone.  Also for our service activity, we work at a soup kitchen for old people, and it is so great seeing them and being able to smile - we really do love them so much!  This week has been very busy, but I'm so happy that I can be here
in Gyeongsan!

So this week, we have had a lot of miracles happen in this area, especially seeing peoples’ hearts being opened to hearing about Jesus Christ and his restored gospel.  
This week I actually want to focus on the topic of miracles. We talk about miracles and as I have heard today, miracles happen all the time and in all sorts of places.
There are miracles in sports, at school and life, in general.  Miracles are  "extraordinary" events "caused by the power of God.  Miracles are an important element in the work of Jesus Christ: they include healings, restoring the dead to life, and resurrection.  Miracles are a part of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Faith is necessary in order for miracles to be manifested".   All based on faith in Christ and faith that God does answer our prayers, we are able to see these miracles.   What we must do is to trust in Him, and then we can see how much He dwells in us, loves us, and cares for us.  I love this gospel with all my heart,
and with faith, I can share it with all people, and hopefully as they feel our Heavenly Fathers' love, they will desire to come closer unto Him!!

So this week was a very short week - or at least it felt very short!!  So last Monday, my last companion and I, cleaned up our house in Miryang, and sent my luggage through the post office, and went to the train station where my companion went down to Busan, and I met my new companion.  Then my new companion, Lee YongJe, and I started to get to
know each other, and it was great!  Then we took a train up to Gyeongsan, wrote emails, got our haircut, and then went shopping.  After that, we came back to the church and had our Family Home Evening here in Gyeongsan, where I introduced myself, and we played games, and ate s'mores and hot dogs!!

On Tuesday, we studied and had someone come to our house to fix one of our lights --by the way, our house is pretty small.   After that, we had our area meeting with our sisters and went outside and talked to as many people as we could for just about the entire day! We also went and knocked on doors and tried to find families to talk to, and that was fantastic!!

On Wednesday, we went outside again, got to see many people and talk to many people.  We also went to a huge university called Yeongnam University, which is huge
(for a Korean Campus) -- I loved being able to go there.   As we were walking, we were able to stop and help people.   By helping them, we were able to come closer unto Christ, and were able to keep talking and get their number and now we have many appointments scheduled for this upcoming week.  In the evening, we taught English class and that was
fantastic -- the people that attend are amazing!

On Thursday we went to our service activity, and we got to serve the elderly at a soup kitchen as I mentioned earlier!! -- they are so cute!!!   Then we cleaned up dishes, and that was fantastic!!  Then after which, we went and talked to a whole lot of people; many people wanted to meet with us - so that was super good!!  Also many people wanted to
talk with us, so that was fantastic!!

On Friday, we went outside and got to play basketball in the morning (now, I'll be going out everyday probably) and we went to a place called
상인 (Sanging) to go have district meeting!  Then we ate together with other missionaries that came to the meeting, and we all went our separate ways!  When we got home, we got a call from a less active member who wanted to play the ping pong, so we went and had a lesson and played the ping pong.  After that, we went outside, and while we’re walking we met some people.  They showed some great interest in what we want to share with them.  So, we will be meeting with them a lot this coming week as well!!

Then on Saturday, we went outside and talked to people, and went to our English class -- the English Class was phenomenal!!   After the class, we cleaned up the church, and went outside and talked to some other people.  Then, for a very long while, we couldn't find anyone to talk to because no one really wanted to talk with us.  So, my companion and I said a prayer.  Then after a little while, we were able to talk to some more people before we needed to go home, and that was our day!

On Sunday, I played the piano in church, helped teach lessons, and my companion and I had lunch with all the members.  I also got to introduce myself at church to everyone, and that was fantastic!  Then after that, we had a meeting and returned home.   Then, we did our weekly planning.  For the rest of the day, we simply went outside and talked to people!!

I really do love it here, and this is such an amazing place!! I miss you all so much and love guys so much!!

Love Always,

Elder Wilson

New Area: Gyeongsan

Street Hitting


with Elder Lee Yonji




No comments:

Post a Comment