Thursday, October 8, 2015

Week 3: General Conference & All the Great Things!

Hello Hello Hello,

This week has been so amazing!  So on P-day  (Preparation day) which is on Thursday, we did another endowment session which is one of ordinances that we receive in the LDS temple, and is a gift from God.  See “True to the Faith”, and which is always amazing.  The temple is seriously the best place ever! I love the Temple!! The typical P-day is wake up, eat breakfast, then do laundry, go work out, go to the temple, do whatever for an hour and then we are done. Then we go and have class for the next 3 hours after dinner, and I love it so much. 

Friday or every other day has the schedule of get up, go work out from 6:40 to 7:30, shower, eat, daily planning, personal study (amazing), companion study (amazing), language study (enlightening), additional study is pretty nice too!  Then during class after lunch, we get taught by either Brother Chandler or Sister Washburn.  They are both super amazing and great teachers.  During class for the first part, we always teach our investigator which is always fun.  I always feel the spirit so strong and seriously the gift of tongues manifests itself if you put in the work.  Then after we learn more Korean, and they teach from the book to teach everyone else the grammar and phrases, but as of week 3 being done, I have officially finished with the Korean book, and can teach entire lessons without needing to look anything up and I do not have problems conjugating.  I love this language and this people too!  It is such a blessing to be called to Korea and I haven't even been sent there yet. 

Friday nights we have something called TRC or the equivalent of teaching members and not investigators lessons.  Those are super fun. My doryo (Japanese)/ dongbanja (Korean)/ companion and I had such a good time with TRC.  The lesson that we taught about were the Atonement of Christ and how all of us can be saved through the atoning sacrifice of Christ. It was awesome and so fun!

Saturday, all I gotta say is... Conference.  Wow.  I could literally list off all the talks and say they were my favorites, but I will share some.  For Saturday, I really enjoyed that President Dieter F. Uchtdorf started off conference by saying "…Tell a man there are trillions of stars and he will believe you.  Tell him there is wet paint on the wall and he'll touch it."  This is such a large thing when it comes to faith!  Like Jesus said to his Apostle Thomas, and I'm not quoting this but it's in John 20:29 I believe, “Blessed are ye that have not seen but yet choose to believe.”  We need to put our full faith in Christ to be converted through his everlasting gospel and his love.  Christ and God truly love us and that is why we have such an amazing plan of salvation given to us by Heavenly Father.  That shows such love he has for us.  That through this test, if we try our best to remain clean and to be obedient unto his will, through Jesus Christ's atonement can we be saved if we do the necessary things like have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Repent, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins, receive the Holy Ghost and endure to the End.  Some other things I liked were "Exaltation is our goal, discipleship is our journey.”  How powerful that line is!!  True discipleship is the way we are able to return to the presence of our Loving Heavenly Father and be welcomed at the gate with open arms, and hear from his mouth, "well done, my faithful servant".

All I have to say is "how is the LDS Church working for me?"   Well, I can say with pride and with all my heart that it works for me and because of it, I'm the happiest person I could possibly be.  I also enjoyed Elder M. Russell Ballards talk on the Old Ship Zion. We cannot separate Christ from his followers.  There is no way we can jump in the river.  We can only hold onto the Old Ship Zion and have its captain (Christ) lead us to eternal salvation.  We must be perfectly dedicated to the gospel.  I also enjoy the scriptures of Alma 22:15, and what Elder Richard J Maynes said about "What shall I do to gain eternal life?" I will give up all I possess just like King Lamoni's Dad said, so that I can receive this great happiness. So amazing! Elder Larry R Lawrence said “Our direction is more important than out speed.”  We need to be better today. We need to strive to do better and be amazing.  Also one huge thing was what Elder Quentin L Cook said "The things the savior taught are under attack. We must protect them. And as people, we stand for morality and for goodness, and whether you are or are not a believer in Christ, you should know that the things Christ taught like loving each other, keeping the 10 commandments, being Christ like would make society and the world a better place.  Less people would die, more people would be happy, the world would just be better if we would follow the standards set by Christ.

Also I had been saying this past few weeks that Elder Gary E. Stevenson would be an apostle. Congratulations to Elder Stevenson!!  He is such a role model to me and my prayers go out to him. I talked about him at the MTC all the time and I know he will be an amazing apostle. He is such a mentor and an amazing man.  He is truly fit and called of God to represent Christ and his restored Church on this earth.  The church is true and there is no denying it.  We may not know all things, but I know the church is true and Joseph Smith was a true prophet.  For all those who don't believe me, please read the introduction of the Book of Mormon and follow Moroni's promise.  You will know it is.  
So I liked the afternoon session too.  Elder Robert D. Hales said, "Knowledge does away with darkness. With knowledge, there is power".  Strive to gain knowledge. Don't be ignorant, receive as much knowledge as possible and be blessed for it.   Also "if you want my counsel, be prepared to hear it."  We need to be prepared at all times to hear the counsel of the Lord and we need to heed his promptings to help his work progress and help others come unto Christ.:)   Dalling H. Oaks was amazing as well.   Conference is awesome!!

In priesthood session something that hit me like a brick wall was the quote by Neil L. Anderson.  "The future of my faith is not by chance, but by choice" you choose to believe. you choose to follow christ and by doing so and taking steps of action you are blessed. 

Sunday was amazing too. How amazing it is that we have a living prophet who loves us so much. Heed all of his words because they are just like scripture!! I really enjoyed Elder Stevenson's testimony that in D&C 1:38 --- it states that the gospel will be taught by the weak.   I am weak.   We are all weak, yet the Lord chooses us to represent him because he will show unto us our weakness that we may become strong.  So amazing. I also enjoyed what Elder Renlund said "To serve others, we must view things through the parents eyes, Heavenly Fathers eyes".  
I will strive to do that as I progress on my mission.

I love conference. So wrapping up here.  Sunday night, Vocal Point came and I love the song  “Nearer My God to Thee.”  It is amazing. 


On Wednesday I got to host and I hosted many new elders. They are amazing and I love how much their families love them. I know they will be amazing.  They step out of their car so unaware but they have such a light to them. And On top of that, the MTC doesn't stand for missionary training center.  It stands for My Time with Christ.   I loved it!  This week is going great! I love it here and it is amazing! 

Love,

Elder Wilson.


P.S.  I just got back from temple. Amazing!! Then hung out and ate temple cafeteria food. Straight heaven. Then went upstairs and a guy stopped us and was like “where are you going?”  So, we told him Busan and I looked at his face... it was Brother David Archuleta!!   It was cool to meet him.  J
With My Group

With Murray
Asian Connection
With Elder Yang
Asian Power!!

With My boys




No comments:

Post a Comment