Thursday, October 1, 2015

Week 2: Bloody Noses and the Spirit


Hello!! 

This week has been awesome!! I can't believe I've already been here for 15 days! I saw Elder Ashton from my family ward in Ohio last week before he shipped out and we got a picture together. Also I saw Elder Fike (Laramie, Wyoming) coming back from my temple walk on Sunday, but we haven't gotten a picture yet but we will :)  And I think Elder Klingler (Laramie, Wyoming) is here so I'm going to have to find him before he ships out to California.

Here is a recap of my week since last Thursday! So after I sent emails, my companions and I went to go get dinner.  And then we had class and class is amazing as usual. And P-day ended fairly quickly although I know that it was amazing and fun. 

Friday was also amazing. We got up and went for a 15 minute run as usual and then I got to go and play basketball in the Gym. I really do love shooting the basketball. I play a bunch of basketball and it's amazing to see how good you can become when you play everyday. I love playing basketball, and it is such an amazing way to spread the gospel by applying personal experiences to help others grasp concepts. And that will be one of the best ways to help them realize the importance of the gospel and strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ.

So then after the gym and getting ready and breakfast, personal study is always the bomb. It always brings me peace and comfort and joy when I get to read the scriptures. The scriptures are very true and I know that for a fact. And if you don't know that the Book of Mormon or the scriptures are true, simply ask God and it will be opened up unto you. Some scriptures I wanted to shed some light on are Matthew 21:21, The Parable of the Sower in Mark 4, and Alma 44:3-4 from Friday. These are amazing scriptures and I hope you read them and ponder them, take them to heart. Although these talk about missionary work, these also talk about the strengthening of faith and just what wonders faith does. 

Some of my favorite lines in the scripture are "Where is your faith" (Luke 8:25) or lines like "O ye of little faith" (Matthew 6:30). Not because people have little faith, but this is a call to realign with God and faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ. I don't understand how people cannot have faith in God or even deny God and Jesus Christ. There are so many concepts in the world that simply do not make sense. And all of us are able to achieve happiness through Jesus Christ and the Atonement. The atonement is so wonderful. I hope that if you have ever been asked the question of where is your faith, or the statement O ye of little faith, that you put your whole trust in the Savior. He will truly bring miracles to pass unto you. I love being able to study about faith because faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things, and that is really what people hope for. But rather it is to hope for things which are not seen which are true. (Alma 32:21) Put all your trust in the Lord and he will surely bless your family, your life and lead you through times of troubles.

Then Companion and Language study -- amazing as usual. I love being able to study all the time and I'm really getting it. I think my teachers are super amazed at the speed I'm getting the language down. It was yesterday when Elder Allen, who is serving in Daejong, came up to me in my district, and said, “you really get this stuff, don't you?!”   Yesterday, one of my teachers Sister Washburn was sick so we had a sub teacher, and he just spoke everything in Korean, and I gave my entire introduction in Korean, had a good conversation with him in Korean too.   Everyone in class looked astonished.  Also when the teacher uses some words and they think the class doesn't get it, but I was able to answer correctly 98% of the time. I can testify in Korean, pray fluently in Korean, hold a normal conversation, teach 95% of lessons without looking at my book, materials or anything, and I'm happy that I am getting better with Korean language.  :)

I got to lead the music in church and that was super awesome :)   Also my reading speed is going so well :)   I make sure to read every night before going to bed and it is so neat. I know this might sound weird, but I sleep with my Korean Book of Mormon, because I feel like it seeps into my head. It is so awesome :)   Then Sunday I sang in the choir again. I love choir, it is so amazing for sure!! I love choir with all my heart and the joy music brings is so undeniable. Also, I've gotten back into playing the piano.  I can't practice all the time, but after service I go and play :)   I can play “Called to serve” all the way through now and my sight reading is getting better. Sunday's devotional was awesome too.
The speaker announced that Oregon got trashed by Utah so it was a good start. :)  I loved it so much,  and his talk was so fantastic. It was Elder Stephen Allen and he showed some Mormon message spots. One thing that stuck out to me is "It's not who you aren't, it's who you are. And being yourself is great". I love this message. So amazing and it really is true. Just be yourself and everyone will come to like you. Be nice and kind, share a good message, you are doing Gods work and you are one of a kind. You are pretty great.  :)

Thanks for the sports updates too!! If I could get the rundown on not only the Utes, but also the scores of important teams that would be great.  :)   Oh, and big news :)

Monday was awesome too. We got our companion study cut short so that we could watch the funeral services for Elder Richard G. Scott. What a powerful experience. It really taught me a lot about service and one thing that really stood out to me was that when his wife died or any trial he faced, rather than asking “why did you do this to me,  Lord?”, his question was “what do you want to teach me, Lord?”   So amazing :)   Although it was a super sad experience, I'm just so happy about him getting to be with his wife again :)

Oh, and on Tuesday for devotional, Elder Claudio Costa came and spoke. He is the president of the Seventy, and what an amazing man he is. He brought up so many good points, like “how salvation is offered to all,”  his conversion story, and multiple other stories. There was an insane story about a sister missionary who was apparently the perfect sister. But out in the mission field after a week there was something wrong with her and her companion didn't want to tell Elder Costa. Elder Costa was prompted by the spirit to ask her to take off her shoes so she did. And her feet were swollen and some words struck me so hard which she said. "I would rather die than dishonor my promise to the prophet and God". She finished her mission because she had an immense amount of faith that a blessing from the President would heal her. It is so sweet!! Also read 1 Nephi 10-14! Amazing Chapters! and Helaman 5:9!!

Anyways I've had a lot of bloody noses this week because of the dryness here, but it's all good! There is nothing that will stop me from letting God's work progress. The happiness this gospel brings cannot be denied and I will go everything in my power to bring others to come unto Christ. I love this gospel and I love the temple. I know the Book of Mormon is true and if you pray with a sincere heart and contrite spirit you will receive answer! I love you all!!

Love, 


Elder Wilson







With Elder Trask

With Elder Allen

With My companion

With Elder Lunt

Aloha, Peace & Thumbs Up!

With My Companion Elder Fox

With My Boys

With Elder Mahler, Elder Lunt & Elder Fox





No comments:

Post a Comment