Friday, October 23, 2015

Week 5: A Whole Lot of Unexpected

안녕하새요!!!
저는행복합니다!!! --- “I am happy” is what that means :)
Anyways good morning from the beautiful, one of a kind Provo MTC, where days are long but weeks are short and you lose track of time very quickly.  Who would think that I'm on Day 37 already since being here... So weird.  I'm already 1/24th done with my mission which is kind of crazy.  It is weird, but I have barely been on my mission and I already want more like, like 3 year missions sound like a blast in all honest.  If I were to come home today, I know I would be a changed person, a very changed person.  I have embraced my time with Christ and I know he loves me.  It is so amazing to think about all that Christ did, how merciful he is and how loving he is.  He is the perfect example and his atonement is infinite.  I've finally realized how amazing his atonement is and the magnitude of his sacrifice, in all honest I cry when talking about the atonement because it is such a blessing and I don't even know how someone could've taken upon all the sins of the world for mankind.  We don't even know and we talk about the atonement so lightly. The atonement is not something to be taken for granted. Savior atoned for us so we can be happy and receive eternal happiness.  So, please never take that for granted!!

Anyways this week has been so amazing!!  After the temple trip last Thursday, we came back and played sand volleyball as a district!  It is so fun being able to dive! :)
Then came back to the residence and I studied Korean and keep progressing!  I absolutely love this language!!  Then the rest of the day was pretty laid back, we got to chill out and now that I'm fairly good at the language, my teachers are like just talk to Zone Resources when they come in and just sit down and talk. So that's all I do now instead of sitting down and learning 믄법(grammar).  So it is awesome! I love P-days here.

Friday we went back to the usual schedule.  Personal Study, where I really get to plunge into a pool of amazingness of the gospel.  This is the closest to water I can get, other than the shower and washing my hands. But in all reality though as John6:35 States "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst," I have not thirsted a single bit here because I am doing the Lord's work!  But Friday was super fun!  We got to teach real Korean investigators and we got super good reviews! But more important than reviews is if they felt the spirit and if they are coming closer to Christ, and they did that too!

Saturday we got to teach our investigator 하지영자매님(Sister Ha-G-Yaung) Which went super well!  I love teaching and really do get the most out of teaching, which is super fun!!  I think you learn the most from actually teaching things.  You get the spiritual understanding as well as the spiritual growth, and because you are just saying what the Lord wants you to say, you draw nearer unto him!  I love Saturdays!!

Sunday was interesting as well!  I got to study for many hours and read the Book of Mormon.  The Book of Mormon is a true book. I know it is, and I promise that if you will read it with real intent, you will receive the same confirmation!  They are really true! After reading for a while the branch president came in and gave us a talk about us stepping up our game as a district.  So the class was a little riled by that.  After the little chat, the branch president pulled me out and extended me a new calling.  So that was pretty cool.  He has been hearing that I'm leading the class and that I know Korean very well.  He said something that hit me very hard actually, and it was such amazing advice. He said that I need to thank God for my talent of being able to learn.  The new calling I got is Technology Coordinator, which is cool :)  It is pretty cool.  I get to serve other people!  
So I got to pass during sacrament meeting, and after sacrament meeting I got to have temple walk!  Temple walk is so cool!!  I took so many pictures with other peoples cameras because I forgot mine haha.  The Sunday Devotional was with the former BYU Tight End Chad Lewis!  It was very cool!  He shared something funny about his language because he learned Chinese.  He had to broadcast the Super Bowl for the NFL and he started to freak out because all he really knew was missionary Chinese.  So he was like “I know that Tom Brady be throwing true passes!” haha :)  But His devotional was so good because we need to be concentrating on Christ all the time.

Monday we taught again and that was super cool.  Nothing too special happened on Monday, but I do have some stuff I do want to share about personal study!  
2nd Nephi 28:28 in the book of Mormon says "And in fine, wo unto all those who tremble, and are angry because of the truth of God! For behold, he that is built upon the rock receiveh it with gladness; and he that is built upon a sandy foundation trembleth lest he shall fall."  I love this!  Build your foundation on Christ!

Tuesday was awesome! We got to sing in the choir for a Quorum of the 70!  So fun! Apparently I was on camera a lot though I had no idea lol :)   Tuesday our lesson was amazing too! We planned a lesson and I had this feeling but I didn't know what we had to do.  Then we got into our lesson and then the switch happened, we taught a whole different lesson.  You really need to be in tune with the Lord!  But it was an amazing lesson!

Wednesday.... Wow!!  So this hasn't been done by any missionaries here since we have arrived here at the MTC, but we committed our investigator (EE-Je- Sung) to get baptized!!  It is by far the best feeling in the world!  No one has done it in 5 weeks, and on top of that, it was so amazing when he said “yes”!!  I was so happy!!  I love this gospel and we have been on a roll of amazing lessons.  This shows you how amazing the Lord is when it comes to converting others!  He really does love us all, and I love him with all my heart!

So that has really been my week! I have been so happy!!

I wanted to share multiple things with you guys too!  So I'm going to concentrate on the atonement this week because the atonement is so big in our lives.  It is so easy to say that God has a plan for us, but have you really thought about why he has a plan or what makes it possible for us to return to him?  He made a plan so we can gain knowledge and be tested is the exact reason why.  That's enough said. What makes it possible for everyone to come back to heaven and live with their loving Heavenly Father?  Christ!!  Christ's atonement and his love for us!!  It says in 2 Nephi 28:32 "Wo be unto the Gentiles, saith the Lord God of Hosts! For notwithstanding I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them from day to day, they will deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts."  
No matter what we do or how many times we do it, he is always there for us, he always loves us for who we are and will never say, ARE YOU SERIOUS, YOU DID THAT AGAIN.  He will rather say “THANKS FOR SAYING SORRY, NOW LEARN, NOW TRY A LITTLE HARDER TO BE LIKE ME, AND IF YOU FALL AGAIN, I WILL BE THERE TO CATCH YOU.”  In Mark 22:44 it reads "And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground."  He is going through so much pain and agony for us, and when there is more pain and suffering, he prays harder. Through Christ you can always, always, ALWAYS be saved.

A video I want to share with all of you is "https://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/for-god-so-loved-the-world?lang=eng" It is about John 3:16 and it is about Christ, what he did and how amazing he is.  If you think about the timeline of Christ coming into Jerusalem being praised, to being crucified, and 3 days later is such a switch.  I love Christ and what he did for me. And he can do wonders for you.

I love this gospel with all my heart. If I didn't, there is no way I would be serving a mission right now. I will be the Lord's servant in every way. The Book of Mormon is very much true, and is another testament of Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith is a true prophet, and I know he saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. He is a true prophet. I know this Church is true and I will do everything in God's power to bring others to the happiness I feel, and will serve them with all my heart, because I love all people.

I love you all very much!

Love,

Elder Wilson 


No comments:

Post a Comment