Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 25: Ping Pong Reps and Cookies

Week 25?? I think? I get so screwed up with these number things. But that is quite a bit of time in all honesty. Time flies by when you are having fun for sure and I really do love it here. The members are really amazing and feed me very well, and really it is great. Being out in the countryside is always awesome especially getting to work with animals and trying new things and it is just wonderful. I really do love this area and it is so great!

This week’s spiritual message is actually going to be on baseball because I have been thinking about it a lot lately. As a pitcher, you pitch the ball and try to hit the corners of the invisible batters zone. But what does it take to hit those corners?? A lot of practice, knowing the situation, knowing what to do and utmost, following your catchers lead. In the gospel and teaching others, we are trying to hit the corners. We are trying to make it so that we can get a strike out, or in a better context to win. Not to win in order to make them feel bad, but for them to strike out and come play on your team. As I do more missionary work, the more I realize how much more precise I need to be because the more precise, the more pure I can be, the better my God can work through me and as I really do follow my catcher's lead, we will get a strike out. The catcher's lead is my Heavenly father and he is never wrong, this baseball game isn't to strike out people, but more that when they strike out, they come play on my team and be my friends. So as we always follow his lead, others will come closer unto Christ and as we become more refined and really strive to always follow the lead of our catcher, we can always have a victory and fun time with everyone.

So this week played out that on Monday after going to the dentist to get a crown, we emailed for a bit and then went out to go sight seeing at a very old hill thing where apparently someone of the dynasty did something.. Yes that story. It was very beautiful and then we helped others from our district get home and then we prepared for family home evening after P-day ended and our family home evening turned into playing ping-pong and eating churros and sharing a very spiritual message! It was a lot of fun!

On Tuesday we got to study and then I cooked up some lunch and then we had a meeting with our sister team to talk about our area. Then we went up to go see our investigator who is in Prison and the prison was closed because apparently March 1st was a holiday in Korea. So we went outside and talked to people and then came to the Church and met one of our investigators who is very interesting and likes us and listens to the gospel, but half the time we can't actually tell if he is for real or has half his leg in a pool and the other leg sitting out... But he is great! And then we had English class and English class was a blast! Then finally we talked to the students and then went home!

Wednesday was our district meeting in the morning and then I exchanged with a Korean Companion for the day. And we literally had no appointments so we shared the gospel with everyone for like 6 hours. We talked to so many people and went knocking on doors and it was super fun and I love having a Korean Companion! It was very fun and then to end the day we decided to go meet with our North Korean friend and we walk in and there is a very drunk man in his house and our North Korean member friend... He sits there and is like, this man who was my friend long ago came into my house with 6 bottles of alcohol and of course I didn't drink any, but he was already drunk and he has gone through 5 and a half bottles already. I will take care of it, so lets meet tomorrow. He said that with a big smile so we were so happy and we left.  J The adventures of a missionary :)

On Thursday we de-exchanged and then went outside and talked to others and then met with one of our investigators! We had a great lesson and he said he would attempt to come to church!! Although it didn't pan out, he really apologized that he was unable to come and I don't mind that at all.  J Then after that we went outside and talked to a few more people and we talked to a whole bunch of people and then finally met our North Korean Friend! He was happy as always and I feel like him and I have become very good friends! I love him a bunch!

On Friday, we studied and had our service project of cleaning horse stables and that was super fun! We also had an amazing lunch with the member that we do it with and then after doing the service project for 4 hours we planned for the rest of our week. Friday was very uneventful!

On Saturday we studied and had English Class! English class was fantastic and then we hosted another ping pong meeting without food and it was great! The people were very good at ping pong and they had all gotten to the point where they were like I want to play Elder Wilson. Let's play for real and it was super fun!  I loved it! Then we cleaned the church and then went outside to go share the gospel! While outside we actually met someone who has actually become our new investigator and I'm super happy that we met him!! Then at the end of the dad from 9:00 to 10:30 I made cookies. J

Sunday was fast Sunday, and it was great! We had church and although all five of our investigators bailed or said they couldn't make it, I was still very happy and then after church we went outside and gave people cookies and talked to others and Elder Quiroz helped the district get everything in order and then we went and ate with our Branch President's family who is awesome! It was such an amazing week and I'm so glad that I am out serving these people!! J Great things are happening for sure!

I love you all very much, and I hope you guys have a great week! 
Love Always,

Elder Wilson

I Love Korean!!

Believe it or not, this is in front of a prison!

Look who made Hamburg!!

P-Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment