Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Week 28: Branch Conference and Scrubbing Carpet


Well first off... HAPPY EASTER!! I love Easter and it is really so wonderful!! Easter is always sooo amazing and I'm so glad even in Korea, that my companion and I were able to color eggs although they were brown eggs haha :)  --Thank you Mom and Dad!  
Easter is really so wonderful because we really get to remember the sacrifice of Christ and his triumph over death! How wonderful that is. Throughout this entire week, I have been thinking about Christ and my family and how much I love them and how immense eternity is. Because of him, we can live together with them forever and I'm just so happy to be able to know that my Redeemer lives! I love Easter.. (Wow.. I've said that a bunch)

So today, I want to share a video that I enjoy a bunch and is just wonderful. It is based on a phrase, a simple phrase. "Follow me". Follow me is such a simple phrase and is heard throughout one's life. And every time someone says follow me, it is for the betterment of another, so one may not get lost, so one can have a happier experience, so someone can always be safe. No matter the situation is, there is always someone who we can follow. And that example, this perfect example is Christ. He lived the perfect life; he took upon all our sins, my sins. He suffered unimaginable pains so that I can be happy, and all he asks of me is to follow him. I know that all of us can find happiness through him, because he is the light and the bread of life. All that believe on him will never hunger and never thirst, he is our Savior and he lives. So here is the website and it is a short 2 minute video! I love it and I know you will so!! "https://www.mormon.org/easter/follow-him"

So on to my week!! So on Monday we had preparation day which we really didn't do anything special! We got to email our families and played a little bit of ping pong and got to go shopping and it was a very nice day for sure. It was super relaxed and I got one of the packages that Mom had sent from the sister team who had gone to mission headquarters and then came back with my package!! So we did that and then had family home evening at the church, where we played Scum, which seems to be a favorite game now and I was very happy that everyone had a great time! Then we got a ride home from one of the members of our church and that was our Monday!

On Tuesday, we studied in the morning and then I cooked for lunch then after which we went and had a meeting with out sisters to introduce the new sister who is from the Netherlands about our Area and just talking about the plan for our week. After which we went to go see Youil (유일) and he is just... like a huge light and so happy. I'm so excited for him when we get out of the detention center! Then after which we came back to the church where we met with our other investigator Yangheejun (양희준) and we talked to him and had a great time talking with him and then after which we were supposed to have English class, but no one was able to come, so the sister team and us practiced singing because we were going to be performing a special musical number at church on Easter. So we practiced and then went home!

On Wednesday, we studied in the morning and then ate and after that took a train going to another town in our very large area named SamrangJin (삼랑진). So we went around talking to people and found some nice old ladies working on a cherry blossom farm so we went up to talk to them and they were very nice and we like, take a bunch of pictures on the farm and we hope you guys have a great day and everything turned out amazingly. Then we went and talked to more people, after which we took a train home at about 5 and then went outside, talked to more people and then went and had a meal with our North Korean friend and a member who prepares food for the missionaries every week. So we had a great time talking and it was just fun spending time with them! Then we went home with our North Korean man because he lives in the same apartment complex with us.

On Thursday, we went into Busan for a special training meeting for Elder Quiroz and I. We while we were there, we switch companions and went out and talked to many people and I got to be with Elder Mahler who i was at the MTC with. It was very fun and I love it soo much! then after which we caught a train home and then we went and had dinner with a person investigating the church named Lee Jangjun (이장준), we had been meeting for about 6 weeks straight and for the past couple weeks we hadn't been able to meet because he started up a new job and on top of that is going off to mandatory military service in April. So he said he couldn't keep meeting with us really and we had just the greatest time with each other, and I love him with all my heart and it was so hard saying goodbye because... He is just amazing. So it was a very sad day, but I can't wait to see him in the future and he will be amazing!! 

On Friday we had a meeting with everyone in our district in the morning and then we got to go eat lunch with 이흥봉 Lee Hungbong who is justt awesome and then we drove with him to SamRangjin where he finished up some work and then we went off and cleaned his horse stable with him and that was great! Then after which we weekly planned and that was great as well!!

Then on Saturday, we studied in the morning and then ate and then set up the church for English Class. Then we had English class which was great and after English we have ping pong time for people that want to attend, so some of members attended too because they wanted to play and also because we needed to clean for our branch Conference that was going to be on Easter, so we played Ping pong and it was soo fun. They were super good too and it was fun. Then after which we deep cleaned the church and the Branch President saw that the chapel carpet had black spots and was like Elder Wilson, do you know how to get these out, and I was just like use soap, so I ended up scrubbing the carpet with my companion for the next couple of hours and it looked brand new! Then they got us dinner and we practiced singing again and then we went home and everything was great! And also colored eggs late that night as well.

Then on Sunday, we had our branch conference and many people came to it from the stake and everything was super great and we got to sing in front of everything and that was beautiful and then our Branch President credited me for cleaning the carpet and was like apparently, Elder Wilson learned that from his mother, as he says, so it is good that Elder Wilson learned from his mom. So people in the stake were like, I hope that you come serve for us and we know that you will serve very well so I hope you come and it was fun. Then I was able to speak Japanese with some members because they had been in Japan for the past year. Then after which we went outside and shared the gospel with others and then one of the members wanted us to teach his friend so we did for a bit and something didn't feel right, so I stopped the lesson and then we watched a great video and it felt good and then we went home and I made a Easter feast for Elder Quiroz and we ate it and were very happy :) And that was my week. Filled of happiness and joy and wonderful amazingness!!

I'm so glad that the week was so great and I love it here. The cherry blossoms look amazing and I will send great pictures!! I love you all and miss you guys a bunch!!! have a great week :) and Happy Easter!! :)

Love Always,

Elder Wilson

Cherry Blossom Farm

Ready for Coloring Eggs

The Coloring was Successful!!

Easter Dinner

I fixed a special Easter Dinner: Gyudon, Homemade dinner roll, Stuffing!

Train Stations are Fun??

No comments:

Post a Comment