Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Week 26: Stake Conference and Exchanges

This week has been a very busy week. There were emergency exchanges for the sister team in our area, I also got to go on an exchange on Wednesday, we talked to so many people this week and it was fantastic in all actuality. The busier your are the faster time goes by, but being busy is great as a missionary.. But there are still so many things to do.... I'm so excited to do all these things and it is just amazing that I am able to be out here in Korea! I absolutely love it here and it is still transitioning from Winter to Spring, so I think the correct word is the weather is very... Balmy here. But it is great and I absolutely love the members here and have gotten to see so many miracles here already.

So the weekly spiritual message is about Jesus Christ and some of the things that he says because he really loves us all. The passage I want to share today is John 15, particularly verses 12~15. Jesus is the one talking to his Apostles and his disciples in this passage.  It reads, "
(12) This is my commandment, That ye love‍ one another, as I have love‍d you. (13) Greater love‍ hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life‍ for his friends.
(14) Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.   (15) Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have hear of my Father I have made known unto you.” 
I have highlighted the words “friends” in yellow and the word “love/loved” in a light red. The first part is really loving one another and Christ loves us, which is with all his heart. But what I really want to focus on are verses 13~15. There is no greater love than laying down your life for another, or even all of mankind. Because we are his friends. He knows us by name, he loves us, we are his friends, not servants, but friends. I love my friends, and my family very much and Christ loves us as his Friends. I love Christ with all my heart, and he loves all of us. He uses the word friends, because we are his friends. This hit me very hard and I always want you to know that as He said, there is no greater love than a man that layeth down his life for his friends, which he did. All he did was for us, so always rely on him, love him and come closer unto him and to his other friends. That is my message.

My week played in a very great way, so on Monday, we had P-day and for P-day we played a little bit of ping pong, got to write you guys, shopped, and got our hair cut!! It was a very nice, relaxed P-day and after all this was done, we went back to the church and got ready for Family Home Evening. The Sister team however had a surprise exchange so they came late, but we had a fantastic time and I absolutely loved it. We play children's games, but it is very fun just playing with the members and people that come. Then we went home and that was Monday.

Tuesday we studied through the morning and then ate lunch. Then went outside and no one wanted to talk to us really... But that was okay :) It was great being outside and trying to talk to many people . Then we went to our friend 유일 (You irl) in prison and he really is as happy as ever and we love him so much! Then after which we went out again to try to talk to more people and still people didn't want to talk to us.. So we kept talking and then met one of our investigators at the Church and then we prepared for English. One of our English class members also walked in while we were teaching and it was great! We had like 2 lessons going
at once!! Then after we finished teaching both of them, we started English class and then went outside and finally got someone to talk to us about English Class (Sneak peak.. He actually is very curious about the gospel but at the time said he didn't want to learn :). Then we got home and that was our day!

On Wednesday we had our district meeting in the Morning and then we went out to eat as a district. After which, Elder Quiroz and I switched companions for a day and went outside and talked to many people.. For 5 hours. Those types of days are the best days :) And then afterwards we had a meal with some members and that went very well! I am so happy that I can be here and I just love it hah :) The members here are amazing and they really love the missionaries, I am so grateful that I can serve here.

On Thursday we had to de-exchange in the morning, so we studied a little bit and then we went and de-exchanged an hour away from 밀양!! Then when we got back, we didn't have anything in particular to do... So... We.. Went outside and taught the gospel.. This seems like a very reoccurring thing. We talked to so many people and got a lot of people to talk with us and they had a good bit of interest and I was very happy! Also because we made cookies last week, we went and knocked on doors giving out cookies. The Koreans were just appalled at the fact that people were giving them free baked goods. I was very happy. Then after that we went and visited our North Korean Friend for an hour and that was our day!

On Friday we studied in the morning and then went outside for a bit and then got to do our service project at the horse stable. But before we went out to work, we always go out to eat with the member who owns the horse stable and he took us to a Shop. Which is raw fish without rice! And it was great. Korean catch different fish than Japanese people catch! So I ate some good shark and some flounder, so eel and it was just a blast and pretty good. Then afterwards we went to go clean and the member was like ohh, some business just arose, (He owns another business that makes advertisement banners for all of Busan and Changwon) so he looks at me and is like, you know what to do, I'll be back. So I was left cleaning up and scooping and everything fantastic! Then he came back and we had just a great time! :) Then we went home, showered and then went outside to talk to others, there weren't a lot of people out Friday night, but that is okay :)

On Saturday we had a very full day. In the morning we studied and then we went to prepare for English Class. We had 12 people come to English class and the person we met on Tuesday also came. We had a great time and one of the normal students, brought one of his friends that has a lot of gospel interest as well. So we had English class and then after English we got to play ping pong. So me and the master (Uncle Lee is his name) we having a bunch of fun and everything was like... They are hitting it so fast.. It is like... They play like pros... It was soo funny :) So we played and then the guy who came to English class, stayed for ping pong and we taught him and he was so curious that he was like I want to meet more!! So we were so happy! Then after all of this we went out, talked to a few people and then had to go back home! It was an amazing day!!

On Sunday, we got to go to Stake Conference. So we went to stake conference and we got to sit by our North Korean Friend (류재충) (Ryu-Je-Choong) and it was so great. We had a great time and while sitting down, one of the speakers started talking about his family being eternal and he started to cry.. And I put my arm around him and he started balling and I cried a little bit and it was a very happy ending and we were very happy at the end. Then we had a meeting for leaders in our stake as missionaries and then we came home. We talked to many people and then we came home and talked to more people and then visited our North Korean Friend again and sang a song and he was so happy to see us and I gave him a big hug after stake conference and after visiting and everything was fantastic! I love everyone here so much!! This week has been amazing!

I don't have any other words to describe this week, but wonderful. It was wonderful and I hope you guys' upcoming week will be amazing :) I love you guys so much and have a great week!!

Love Always,

Elder Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment