Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 52: This will be the one year marker

Wow... To think that in just 4 days, I will be at my 1 year mark for being out on a mission.  It is so weird how time really does fly fast and at this time last year, I was just preparing to enter the MTC and did not know the road ahead!  In this last year I have been able to learn so much and some of those things I will end up sharing today!!
But, as for me this week, it has been amazing! I am now living in Haeundae, and it is a very large city!!  It is basically the beach land in all honesty, and there are so many people here. 

This week, I was able to speak 7 languages with other people from other countries. (As I have done missionary work, I have been able to pick up a few phrases
or words from other countries)  So I was able to speak Korean, English, Japanese, Spanish, Sinhala (Sri lankan), Russian and Madarin Chinese!
It was wonderful being able to talk to people and to connect a little bit with many people and being able to share with them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Today, I was thinking about the one year that I have been able to spend in Korean, and I wanted to talk today a little bit about not procrastinating and using time effectively.  AS humans, we are prone to waste time due to our preferences and what we want to do and not want to do.  As I missionary, some of the biggest things I have been able to learn are life lessons about love and patience, and I have been able to
grow a little bit more from these life changing experiences. But as I have been able to spend this last year in Korean, I have been able to fill my time with meaningful activities, where I am helping others and loving them and caring for them.  The gospel of Jesus Christ never is and never will be a thing to procrastinate.  As we choose to come closer unto Christ, we  should not delay.  Because Jesus Christ and
Heavenly Father love us, we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and whether it is sharing it or accepting it, we should not deny such things. But as we do these things, we are able to cherish the more precious things in life and live a more full, fulfilling life!

So this week to simply summarize it was that on Monday, we came back to Haeundai, shopped, did email and then went outside to go talk to some people.


On Tuesday, we went to another church and cleaned the carpets and then we came back to our area and then we went outside and talked to some more people!!

On Wednesday, we went outside, talked to a bunch of people and then had an area meeting with the sisters and had English class.  After the class, we went outside some more and talked to more people --- people actually like talking to us!!

On Thursday, we went outside and talked to people and then went to another area to have a meeting with the district
leaders.  Then we came back to our area and went to talke to so many more people!!

On Friday, we went to have our district meeting.  Then we went out to eat lunch, returned to our area and planned for this upcoming week.  After that, we had dinner and then went out and talked to some people on the street. Afterward, we came to the church to meet with someone and that was our Friday!


On Saturday, we went to go play soccer with a bunch of people. Our investigators also came.  Then we came back to our house, showered, changed and then went to choir practice.  After choir practice, we hit the streets and talked to a bunch of other people for the rest of the day.

Then on Sunday, we went to stake conference, where my companion and I got to sing in the choir, but not only that, but also we met a new friend.  He was from another church and came to our church originally to preach, but then he liked Church and wants to learn about it, so we were able to talk to him a little bit about our belief and the Book of Mormon.  It was amazing!!  Then we went outside for the rest of the
day and talked to other people on the street!!

It was amazing this week and I love being here so much! I know I say it a bunch, but this last year has been amazing and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Love you guys and miss you!!

Love Always,

Elder Joshua Wilson



With Elder Newell


With My New Companion




New Area: Haeundai

The World Biggest Department: Shinsegae

No comments:

Post a Comment