Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 54: Fall is here!?!?

This week has been really cool and it has gone by so quickly! I feel like my thoughts on missionary work has changed so much because I have hit my 1 year mark!!  It is amazing yet sad to think that I don't even have that much longer out in the field~!  Everything here is going well, and we are finding so many different people who want to learn about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I have been able to learn so much this past
week!!  Simply said, it really is awesome here and I am so happy that I have the opportunity to be here and teach the gospel to others!!

As I have continued to serve here, I have really thought deeply about why I am serving a mission and what this gospel really offers others.  As missionaries, we talk about sharing a happy message about Jesus Christ, but what exactly is that message?  The gospel of Jesus Christ
allows us to overcome any trial, through our Savior Jesus Christ and his atonement.  I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ and its applications are universal and apply to all people.  All others need to do is to apply it to their lives, and I know that it will bless their lives, just like it has blessed and is blessing mine.  So the happy message?? It is that through faith in Jesus Christ, we are prompted to change and we feel a desire to follow him.  As we follow him, we want to change and follow his example and be baptized.  After which, we
should keep his commandments and endure to the end, so we may succeed and really be able to know that we are part of something greater.  Something much more grand than anything we know!

So anyways. This week has been extremely quick!! This week on Mondaywe went to eat some good meat, and bought some ties.  Then we came back to our area, were able to email, and were able to go outside and talk to people and meet some amazing people!


On Tuesday, we had exchanges, so I went with an elder named Elder Itri.  We were in Haeundai and had a great time talking and teaching people about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Elder Itri is on of the Assistants to President Barrow (Our mission president) and I have also known him for a good amount of time, so we had a great time!

Then on Wednesday, we went to a district meeting, and then Elder Newell and I went on an exchange with the elders from Yeongdo!  So... That means that I went back to the first area I served in Korea!!  It was wonderful to be able to go back and to talk to people and see so many great people too!!  I love being there and it really did feel like I was going home to where it all started!!


On Thursday, we de-exchanged and went to another district
meeting.  Then, we went on another Exchange with Elder Park and Elder Stewart.  I came back to Haeundai with Elder Stewart: we had a great time talking with other people and we were able to learn so much and it was great!

Then finally on Friday, I was able to get back with Elder Newell, and we planned, went outside and talked to a whole bunch of people~


On Saturday, we went to go play some soccer like we do in the morning and it was super great!!  Then we came back to our area, and met with some people that we had found and wanted to talk to us. So it was great talking to them.  After that, we were able to go outside and talk to more people!!


On Sunday, we went to church and were able to have a great time!!  So then, we ate some lunch with others, visited some
members and went outside and talked to others. We also did some sticker boardings where people come and stick stickers on a board and got to talk to others!  It was great and we were able to see so many great people!!  I love being here and we always have a great time!

Korea is wonderful!! I love the people and I am so happy to talk to each and every single person I talk with!!

I love you all and I miss you so much!!

Love Always,

Elder Joshua Wilson




Group picture before the run Busan, Nam Busan, Changwon zones

Elder Lee YoungJae and Elder Wilson finishing the race

A little preview of Week 55... Today Eating Chicken!!




No comments:

Post a Comment