Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 76: Working with the ward

So we are planning a lot of things to happen in the Geumjeong ward, and are trying to figure out a lot of the details. 
Today, I don't have a ton of time, but I would like to tell you that I love being here in this area and doing the Lord's work! I love being able to serve the Korean people and getting to meet people and come closer to my Savior, as I do missionary work. This week was kind of long, but quick at the same time and a little bit of adjustment time, but I've got everything worked out and things look like they will be good!

This week I was able to learn a lot from the Apostle, Jeffrey R. Holland, coming to Korea and speaking to the Koreans. It was fantastic learning from him and about one of my favorite stories in the Book of Acts. To be specific Acts 3 and 4, where it talks about how the work of God and of Jesus Christ will always progress. That you cannot deny the evidence that is presented when it is 100% true. I know that this gospel is true and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God!

On Monday, we cleaned up the house and then sent Elder Stein and Elder Kim's companion to the mission home. We went and took pictures with people there and then came back to Geumjeong with Elder Kim and waited for our companions. We also went bowling and then I got to meet my new companion Elder Jang. So then after that we went outside and then talked to a ton of people.

Tuesday, we went outside and shared the gospel and then came back to do studies and then went back outside and talked to people about the gospel. Then I made dinner (actually I make about every meal) and then
we went outside one more time and then talked to people and were able to find really great people!

Wednesday, we went outside like usual and then we got to talk to other people. It was a really great day even though it rained the entire day... So our clothes and shoes and socks got wet, but that means that we were outside working and talking to others!

On Thursday, we went outside for a little bit and then went to the church and got some office work down. Then after that we went to Busan National University and did a sticker board activity to talk to people about the gospel. Then we came home and ate dinner and then went to our English class. After English class, we talked to one of our investigators named Daut and gave him a baptismal date!

On Friday, we went outside and had a few appointments and talked to a couple people and then we talked to people on the street and then ate dinner. Afterwards, we went to the church and then watched a broadcast with Elder Holland.  Daut came and we were able to have some great spiritual moment, and a lot of us were able to progress.

On Saturday, we went and talked to other people and then we were able to have our district meeting. After district meeting, we went home and ate lunch and then went outside and talked to a few people and then we had English class and then we had another broadcast that we watched.

On Sunday, we went to church and translated for a bunch of people. Then we had a bunch of meetings after church which was fun. Then we went outside and talked to others about the gospel and then we ate dinner.  For the rest of the day, we talked to people about the gospel, and the joy that it brings.

I love this gospel with all my heart and there is certainly no time to waste! It is great being out here and although it is busy, I really do love my Savior!

Love Always,

Elder Joshua Wilson









No comments:

Post a Comment