Friday, January 22, 2016

Week 18: Interviews and finding

Hello!!

My week has been amazing like all my other weeks.  I have one thing on my mind here in Yeongdo and that is... Yeongdo.  Every time I deeply ponder about Yeongdo or just anything to do with missionary work, my heart swells and I have such great joy!!  Yeongdo is so magical and I will just give you a little blurb about Yeongdo.  So Yeongdo is an island in South Korea right off of Busan.  If you have seen the Movie "Ponyo" this is what the island kind of seems like.  There are many people here and Yeongdo is very historic.  They are known for their shipyards and for fishing.  It is a beautiful island for sure.  It is super nice and I couldn't not be more happy :)

So this week's spiritual message is from Mosiah 16:9 in the Book of Mormon. It reads "He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death." This passage is talking about Christ. Christ is the light of the world and I know that for a fact.  Things in life can be dim, they can be very very boring, in fact, life can be very dark.  Yet there is no need to ever get down.  We have a Savior, we have a wonderful redeemer, because of him, death cannot separate families, we do not need to be sad.  Christ atoned for all mankind that they may be happy and find joy.  I think a lot about the beginning phrase "Because of him". My favorite video is actually the "Because of him" video. So Because of him, I can live with my wonderful family forever. So what would you say to this statement? Because of him...?

SO on to the week!! So this last week on Monday, I went and got my hair cut and I really loved that.  My hair looked great... One of the many things I can really get excited about in missionary work obviously.  ;)  Then after P-day, we went out to eat with people in our District and then we went out for about 3 hours and shared the gospel with everyone!  It was so fun and I love sharing the gospel.  The joy that it brings cannot be described in words and my heart just beats so loud and I just feel happy! :)

Tuesday was a day filled with greatness. So we studied in the morning and then went to our special needs English class!  It was so great.  Every week they ask if both of us are coming back and we say we are, but in 3 weeks, one of us might end up having to get transferred out. Usually new missionaries stay with their companion for 12 weeks and then they split... But things are going so well here and there is so much change happening, so there may be a point soon where I can't say that I am coming back.

So after we went and met with out friend Soung HoSok and we played ping pong for a bit and then he started asking about the Church and talking about how Koreans like Brands for everything.  Even Churches.  So we talked about that and we talked about how he can be happy and just had a great lesson and he said after our last meeting he went home and told his parents that he wanted to be baptized. But his parents said wait, so we are waiting to meet with him this upcoming Wednesday!

So then after that we made calls to people and talked to a whole bunch of people of the phone! We have a land phone at the Church so we are now making double the amounts of calls! I think it is pretty efficient! ;)

On Wednesday we got to talk to the Mission President face to face for interviews and that went super well! I was so happy that I could talk to him and he is such a wonderful man! He gives wonderful, inspired insight as well! Then after that we went to go visit a member and had a very good talk with her and she is doing super well!  Her name is Lee Hyosook!  Then after that we went outside and got to spread the gospel to people!  We also received a few contacts and they were interested in the Gospel!  We did a lot of talking to people which was great!  After which meet with a man named Kim Donghyun.  He had met missionaries before and I talked to him last Sunday.  So he came by and is now investigating the church after we talked to him a little more and in depth! :)  It was amazing and the fire in my heart was just so hot it was amazing! My body was so warm and I couldn't stop smiling and appointments are great! 


Thursday is our planning day so we studied and planned for the week to come!  It was super good to plan although normally planning takes about 3-4 hours!   Then after planning, I taught my Japanese Class and that went super well and was super fun for sure!  I love being able to speak Japanese and help them! 

Friday in the morning, we went and helped out our loving Sister Choi SongJa! :)  So we cleaned her place and then talked to her and got to see one of our investigators Mr. Won!!  He came down and ate some fish bread, and we talked to him for a good bit!  He was super happy and right now he is in Seoul!!  Then after we finished talking with Sister Choi SongJa and Mr. Won, we went home and ate lunch! After lunch we went outside and talked to many people and to make calls to others as well!  After which we had a dinner appointment with a girl's family that comes to English Class named Sarah!  Sarah is Korean and is super good at English!  We ate a thing called Dwegi Gookbab and that is amazing :) Then after that taught a small lesson and then made calls! We did a lot of calling people this week! :)

Saturday we had English class, and then after English class we went outside and explored Yeongdo and talked to many people. We actually found some skaters over here in the 대한민국 (Korea). It was pretty sick and then we were to the shipyard and talked to some people and a guy approached us and talked to us about the gospel and was interested!  Then after that, we went to our Young Men's activity which was bowling because we are that presidency now and it was super fun.  We went bowling and so we use 2 lanes and we formed teams. So the youngest got to choose teams and he chose me, so for the first frame I messed around and bowled a couple of gutters and the kid was like “ohhh no.. I picked the wrong teammate.”  So then I told him I was just messing around and then I bowled for real and got about 150 and that wasn't bad at all, so our team won and then the next game we won again by a pretty big amount!

Then we finished the night by eating some Ddok Boki and that was so bomb!! We had a great time and they really do like us a bunch and we bonded super well for sure! :)

On Sunday we got to go to Church and that was super awesome. I love going to Church so much and it just makes me feel so great inside! After that we went home and ate lunch and then after lunch we were going to go talk to people outside... But it started pouring rain... So we went to the Church, made more calls and then had an appointment that unfortunately cancelled on us, so we went and did sticker board gospel sharing! It was so nice to have fun and to be able to talk to many people. There were many people that had a lot of interest and were happy to talk to us! It is so great to be a missionary!

This last week was so amazing and I absolutely love being able to do this work! As I say a lot, I pray for you guys and I hope everything is going well!

I love you all so much!

Love,


Elder Wilson




No comments:

Post a Comment