Sunday, January 3, 2016

Week 15: Christmas and More

Where to begin... where to begin... This week has been amazing for sure, and I can really say... “Christmas miracles happen for sure!!” I am so happy to be here in Korea!!  Actually today it is freezing cold! I don't mind much, but still... Being cold is being cold.  Christmas really is such a special time, and I hope you all spent it well with family and loved ones. There is no better feeling than spending time with those you love and being so happy. 

So the message that I want to share today is about the song "More Holiness Give me".  So the tune for this song is actually is called "My Prayer".  In the verse 1, it says "More holiness give me, More strivings within, More patience in suff'ring, More sorrow for sin, More faith in my Savior, More sense of his care, More joy in his service, More purpose in prayer."  This song right now is probably my favorite song actually.  How can I be more in tune with God's will, how can I have more faith, how can I help people more, how can I be more diligent are some questions I ask myself.  So when there are times where I have no clue what to do and there is trouble in my heart, I bow my head before my maker, and ask for more holiness, more faith, more miracles.  Then look up to the sky and know he is watching me and smiling and saying, “I love you.”  He will answer, He will!  I know this to be true.

On to the update of this week:
So last Monday after we finished writing emails and me going and being able to speak Japanese and Korean to people and spread the gospel, we came to the Church in Yeoungdo and we waited for Tharindu, our Sri-Lankan Friend... Unfortunately he was still busy that did not show up, so we went outside and shared the gospel with others. 

On Tuesday we got to go to one of our favorite English classes with the special need people. They are so awesome and they really love us a bunch. They always ask us if we will come back the next week, or if we are getting moved and they are like these are our favorite English teachers.  We love acting out words for them and doing just really fun things.  It was awesome because I also wore a Christmas hat and they look at me and are like it is Santa!!  And then they are like... Wow... You have lost a lot of weight and have no beard… haha! I love it J   Then we got to go visit the lady at the fish bread shop and we talked to her for a little bit. After which we proselyted for a bit and went to the Church at about 6 pm and waited for our friend Tharindu because supposedly he was going to come, but unfortunately he didn't again... But the person who did come was the man that we were trying to find 2 Fridays ago... He just showed up to the Church and he was wondering about the Christmas party.  We talked for about an hour and then he left...  We were like, he doesn't answer our calls, or texts... Somehow he just shows up and talks with us... We were like that was an amazing miracle for sure!!  We know that because we simply walked for 2 hours looking for his house, God had him come to the Church. We are some happy.

Wednesday we had our Christmas party, and the guy who had come to the Church on Tuesday showed up as he said he would! Also we had Elder Tuinei perform a dance and everything turned out great. We had a present raffle activity, ate dinner and that was so fun!  I am so glad that we helped put all of it together and that the members had such a great time J  Also in the morning we, had meetings with the missionaries in my area, and we took pictures because some of the people were going to be transferred out.  We took great pictures.

Then on Thursday, we were so excited for Christmas, and it was such a good day!  We studied and then went to the Church to plan out our week.  While we were doing that a former investigator walked in and was looking for some old missionaries.  We talked to him, and he told us that he wants to start meeting with us and get baptized.  So we will meet with him soon.  We were actually talking about him about 1 hour before he just showed up. That was a miracle too!  Then taught my Japanese class and that was good!

Then onto... Christmas JJJ  So Christmas morning, Elder Tuinei and I opened presents and that was great!  I got so many great things from my parents and family!  Especially an American flag and a Japanese flag!  Then we went to the Church and Skyped our families, which we get to do twice a year (Mothers day & Christmas).  It was amazing seeing my family, and I was just so thankful for technology and how great things are!  I was just so happy for the rest of the day! Then we went out and ate and then went to a very large shopping area and shared the gospel with others using a sticker board!  It was great!  And then I took my companion out to eat Bulgogi (Korean Grilled Marinated Beef), and some other great grilled meat. All in all, Christmas was amazing.

One thing I want to share about Christmas is that, although it has been said often I want to say it again.  Christmas isn't about presents at all really.  It is really about what you do and how you spend your time with your family and loved ones, how you remember Christ and why you are so happy on this holiday.  I love Christmas because I get to spend it doing the best thing of all, serving my Lord with all my strength.

Then on Saturday we got to go help our Fish Bread Mom, and we went and set up her stand and shared pictures and just had a great time!  Then we taught English and that was fantastic.  Then, we went out and taught others about the gospel.  It really is a joy that I can spend my time teaching about Jesus Christ and how much he means to me.

Then on Sunday was got to go to Church, got to eat lunch with all the members who attend Church, and just talk.  Then because we love our members so much, we have been making brownies and we started delivering them because of how special our members are.  We really do love them so much, and I just want to do so much more for them!  Then we went to the same shopping center and taught.  It was so cold, but it was amazing! :)

That was kind of how my past week went and I really can't say how much I love being here and how much I want to share it with you. There is just something special here that I can't describe other than joy. I am just so happy. I hope you have a very happy new year! Remember, God loves you and he is our Heavenly father

Love,

Elder Wilson


Christmas Morning


The District Meeting


The District



No comments:

Post a Comment