Monday, January 11, 2016

Week17: Change....

Change... What a profound word... What exactly is change? I will not answer that, but all I know is that things are changing and things are always looking bright.  This week has been so wonderful and special for sure.  A new year means a whole lot of things, and a whole lot of change for many people. Although people don't celebrate it here, people do start changing for sure!  Change and love mixed together is the best combination and I love change for sure!

This week's message is on the pursuit of happiness.  It is so hard to think that I have already been in Korea for about 2 and a half months.  I am so filled with joy and peace because I am here.  The days are long, the time I feel like my sleep is short.  I walk everywhere, and get ignored by others, have bad things said to me, but I choose to keep walking.  Some may ask, am I happy?  How can you be happy away from home, with little of anything?  Yet I say I have plenty.  I have plenty because my Lord, my Savior Jesus Christ is with me always.  I know that he loves you.  In words it really cannot be expressed how much he loves you, and it is infinitely more than I am able to and I will say I love you so much.  But he is my joy and why I am out here serving.  Like one of my favorite Church hymns says "Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives: ' know that my Redeemer lives!'"  I know that he lives and loves me and because he lives I can be happy. Happiness is everlasting, so why not pursue happiness, peace, joy, love?  Why not?? If you want something, "Go and Get it!"  That is my thought for today. 

So this week, as the email title states, is full of change.  The amount of miracles that I have been able to see in just my short time here in Korea is amazing.  So I will pick up with last Monday, we got to email and that was so amazing!  Then we went, bowled and ate with some elders from another area named Sujeong (수정)!  After we went out and just had such a fun time, we went shopping for our means, and our P-day ended.  So after the 6 o'clock deadline of P-day, we went outside, shared the gospel, and that is my favorite thing to do.  So we actually went to a large mall and asked people questions, and they put stickers on a board which asks what they worry about.  During that time, many Japanese people were walking around and in front of our board, so I went and talked to them and got to share the gospel with them too. It is so nice to be able to speak Japanese and to love them with all my heart! I loved Monday! :)

On Tuesday, we got to go to our special needs English class. They are so great and were so excited to see us.  I absolutely love how pure and how happy they are.  They are so great and so cute!!  After class we went to our sort of mission mom's place, Sister Choi Songja.  We talked to her and she was so happy, and man... ,Happiness.. Smiles!! Such a warm feelin.   :)   Then after that we went home and made calls to people that my companion had gotten contacts from and then had dinner. After dinner, we went to go find a member of our area that doesn't really attend church anymore, and went to an apartment complex.  Typically at the apartments in our area, you just walk in and knock, but the apartment we went on Tuesday had hard locked glass doors and security pin combinations... So we tried to ring the doorbell and there was no answer.  Then some guy came and opened the door.  So, we tried to squeeze in, and my companion put his body in the door, but the door didn't stop sliding so he bailed out.  It just tried to squeeze him ahhaha. So, then another guy came and let us in and we went to this man's house, but he wasn't there so we left a very nice note :)

Wednesday was a day of miracles for sure! :)   So after we studied in the morning, we were going to the church to meet our friend, Song Hoseock (송호석), whom we played basketball with on new years.  So we hopped on the bus and Song Hoseock was on the bus!!!  So we talked with him and went to the church because he wanted to see the chapel.   We talk to him about the church and he has been praying every day since we had last met... He also went home after our meeting and researched about the Church and was wondering how Catholicism and being a Latter Day Saint is different.  So we explained the restoration to him, and he was intrigued.  We talked to him about the Book of Mormon and we asked if he wanted to get baptized. He said that he can't completely believe in the restoration yet, but he knows that he has to read the Book of Mormon and pray to get his answer.  But he said when he knows it is true, he will get baptized :) He really wants to too :)

Then after we talked to him, we showed him the baptismal font and then went out to go eat with him.  We ate 감자탕 also known as pork spleen soup! :)  So good!  My stomach was so happy.  We had planned to go play soccer tennis with him, but he didn't have time so we went separate ways, but we will see him this Tuesday!  Then we came back to the church, planned, made calls and then got to meet Tharindu in the evening!! YESSS :)  Ohh how great it is!  He is super stressed about work and about taking the Topik (Korean equivalent of the TOEFL) and he has been so busy!  But we got to meet with him and talk and the lesson went so well :) We are so excited for him and I just feel so great inside because his eyes sparkle and they are so amazing! :)

On Thursday, we had our meeting with other missionaries in our area. That went well and I got to give a talk during it!  That was so fun, and I really felt the spirit.  I talked about consecration of time and how a lot of the time, time is wasted, but how we can avoid it and what we are aiming for in life.  I loved it!  Then we got to plan for the week and we were going to meet with Tharindu so we canceled my Japanese class, but unfortunately he couldn't make it so we we went outside and got to share the gospel! :)  It was cold but great none the less :)

Friday was a great day! :)  We got to go up to Choi Songja's, and helped her set up her store!  After we did that, we were actually going to have a lesson with a Japanese professor, but he called us and said he was unable to meet, but he really wants to meet soon, so we will meet him in the future! :)   So because he cancelled on us, we went to the church and did a deep clean... Although none of the members noticed on Sunday, I feel great inside for doing it :) Then after cleaning we got to go outside more and shared the gospel from 6-9 because that is supposed to be the golden time... Yep... Nope. We go out and there is no one and it is super cold.. But We did find a super nice guy who was interested, so that is super golden! :)

Saturday was great! :) We got to teach English class and then after English class we got to go to a place called Gimhae (김해) with the young men and young women in our area!  It was super fun riding over there.  The reason why we had to go was because my companion and I are now the young men's presidency!!  So we went help out and it was so great. :)  I love being around them!  So, that was great and we got to talk to all the youth and that was so amazing!  I am so glad that I got to talk with them and it is so fun because able to speak Korean as well! 

Sunday was so cute! We went to church and things really were changing! We were talking to the young men, we got to do activities with them and on top of that they were interested and actually engaged! Also we had the primary program, where all the little kids that attend church sing songs for us and show us what they have learned last year! It was so cute :)  Then after Church, we made calls and then shared the gospel, got more appointments and then later that day we got to do sticker boarding in the same place we did Monday! :)

That was my week so far!! I'm planning on getting my hair cut today and that will be fun! I'm super excited for this coming week and I hope you are doing well! :) I love you all very much!

Love Always,

Elder Wilson
With our investigator

My Awesome Companion!

Our Awesome Youth

No comments:

Post a Comment